• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Heart

David, sorry that I hadn't seen this thread. I'm happy that you survived the pass out and hope that things are ok now. About two years ago I discovered I have AFIB by passing out in the kitchen. Been a real struggle. I've had two heart ablations to reset my clock. Hoping this second one works. Just came off the flecanide. We'll see how it goes. That's the reason i haven't been at KSL the last two years. Just didn't have the confidence to make that kind of trip. Had some attacks right before the event.

David, sorry that I hadn't seen this thread. I'm happy that you survived the pass out and hope that things are ok now. About two years ago I discovered I have AFIB by passing out in the kitchen. Been a real struggle. I've had two heart ablations to reset my clock. Hoping this second one works. Just came off the flecanide. We'll see how it goes. That's the reason i haven't been at KSL the last two years. Just didn't have the confidence to make that kind of trip. Had some attacks right before the event.
My brother and uncle also have afib...I remember when you posted about the ablations...I dont trust doctors enough to do that (my brother was having one done and the doctor poked a hole thru his heart and he almost bled to death in the cath lab-had 7 units of blood, multiple units of platelets, FFP-the ablation wasnt completed and my brother refuses to go thru the procedure again). So far so good for me....no issues since pacemaker put in...I wear a fitbit now just so I can monitor my heart rate...see you at KSL in May....

The big risk with ablation is the risk of "burn through". I researched my doc and decided the risk is worth it. I really wanted to get off some of the meds.
I bought an apple watch and a Kardia device that will do a quick EKG and indicate if I'm in AFIB. That device has eased my mind many nights.

The big risk with ablation is the risk of "burn through". I researched my doc and decided the risk is worth it. I really wanted to get off some of the meds.
I bought an apple watch and a Kardia device that will do a quick EKG and indicate if I'm in AFIB. That device has eased my mind many nights.
In the 3 months since my issue, my pace maker has controlled my afib...(no blackouts since insertion)....got to go to the cardiologist in a couple of weeks and they will determine how many times since November the pacemaker has had to fire to keep the heart in sync...My afib is the top part of the heart is firing but the bottom part does not for a few beats, so the heart flutters, which caused my blackout...no meds needed at this time...except for a blood pressure pill and daily aspirin tablet.

Mine has the Atria going nuts, 2-300 bpm with the lower racing up to 150 or so. The top is beating so fast, blood is not transferred efficiently to the ventricles, thus I passed out. The risk is stroke.

Back