• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

has anyone changed a CB500x for a NC750x???

I also own a KLX250 with the big bore 351 kit and it's an amazing fun ride.

Similarity there also. I have a CRF250L albeit not bored out, but like You say it also is amazing fun offroad and on, as long as the road is twisty.

Similarity there also. I have a CRF250L albeit not bored out, but like You say it also is amazing fun offroad and on, as long as the road is twisty.

I had initially look at getting the CRF250 because it performed better engine wise than the KLX250. The KLX in stock configuration was the slowest bike I had ever ridden. Street buses were quicker. With the big bore kit the bike is now "normal".

There's this one on Youtube- YouTube
I have the 750 DCT (heavier) and have a 30" inseam (I'm 5' 6"). I also always wear heavy soled construction boots while riding. I can get both balls of the feet on the ground with stock suspension, and have used an air cushion on the seat for longer rides (adds another 3/4" to seat height). You'll probably need to bring the bars back a bit with risers (I haven't, but am probably just on the edge). Aside from that a larger windscreen might be needed.
even worse if your 6'. need a hi comfort/ralley seat but dont' want more weight on my hands/wrists.

even worse if your 6'. need a hi comfort/ralley seat but dont' want more weight on my hands/wrists. assume the 2022 is about the same seat height in both bikes. but still have to climb off with the pegs. Not ideal for me

I rode a 2015 CB500X for six years as my first bike, putting about 40,000 miles on it, and last fall switched to a 2018 NC750X.

Reasons:

In 2020 I switched jobs (and careers) and started crossing the San Francisco Bay Bridge every day for work -- I've had several scary episodes during strong wind and rain on the lighter CB500X. I surmised that the heavier and lower-center-of-gravity NC750X would fare better, and so far that's been true.

99% of my riding is freeway commuting, and the NC750X is, IMHO, a better bike for the freeway, though it doesn't feel as zippy.

I bought my NC used and it came with bar risers which do a lot to "fix" the long reach to the bars...the ergos are now quite similar to the CB500X.

On the CB I was always searching for 7th gear, and even tried a 16th front sprocket to try to fix that problem, but ultimately I switched back because I felt that the bike lost some pep off the starting line during city driving (now I have a spare front sprocket for my NC).

My CB also had a chronic problem with leaking water pumps. I replaced the pump 5 times while I owned that bike, and finally decided enough was enough.

I also really like the frunk!

My CB
1666122814429.png

My NC:
1666122925913.png

Last edited:
Back