• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Harley-Davidson Has an Off-Roading Bicycle with No Suspension

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don’t know what stands out more: The fact that Harley’s approaching their future with a pincer move and getting their hands dirty on both high-cc AND low-cc machines for today’s electric community, or the fact that their newest Serial 1 bicycle brainchild – a machine called the Bash/MTN – is an off-roading unit that doesn’t even have suspension.

Not really, anyways.

Piqued?

Peeved?

Downright perplexed?

Join the crowd.

Harley-Davidson's electric bicycle brand, Serial 1, whose new Bash/MTN has no front or rear suspension
The Serial 1 Bash/MTN – an off-roading electric bicycle. Photo courtesy of NewAtlas.

In case you didn’t know/were living under a rock, Harley-Davidson’s now fully integrated into the electric market. Their slightly more well-known electric brand, LiveWire, released a recent revv-ripping Street Tracker called the Del Mar (to accompany the original ‘One’), with the first batch of 100 units selling out in under 19 minutes flat.

Harley-Davidson's electric bicycle brand, Serial 1, whose new Bash/MTN has no front or rear suspension
The Serial 1 Bash/MTN – an off-roading electric bicycle. Photo courtesy of Move Electric.

You could say the American motorcycle manufacturer is doing relatively well for itself – though that’s without too many peepers focused on the volatility of the brand’s stocks.

Now, Harley’s jump into the land of the push-bike is pushing back, with their newest velocipede sporting some questionable specs…or lack thereof.

The Serial 1 Bash/MTN – an off-roading electric bicycle. Photo courtesy of Serial 1.

Jalopnik tells us that, for dressage, the Serial 1 Bash/MTN electric off-roading bicycle has Michelin E-Wild tires, with the only suspension being “an SR Suntour NCX suspension seat the company says is ‘shock-absorbing and spine saving.’”

That’s it, folks.

The Serial 1 Bash/MTN – an off-roading electric bicycle. Photo courtesy of Move Electric.

If you hit the bumps and jiggles, you’re getting vibration-station, 24/7 – and surprisingly, that’s kind of what Serial 1 intended to do with this build.

“Less is more,” states Serial 1’s brand director on Electrek.

“That’s the promise of BASH/MTN. No fussy suspension to tune, no finicky drivetrain to adjust—just two wheels, one gear, and one purpose, to provide the most direct connection between you and the trail.”

The Serial 1 Bash/MTN – an off-roading electric bicycle. Photo courtesy of Electric.

To put the power play into perspective, the Bash/MTN contains a ready 529-Wh removable battery and boasts a top speed of 20 mph, which (depending on how you ride it) can get you roughly 30 – 90 miles of range.

And the cherry on top: What is this all going to cost?

The Serial 1 Bash/MTN – an off-roading electric bicycle. Photo courtesy of PRNewswire.

Glad you asked; the report goes on to state that “the Bash/MTN will set you back $3,995 and only 1,050 examples will be made, split into 525 examples for the U.S. and 525 for Europe.”

Obviously given the above, we’ll be excited to scrutinize the first person to plonk their posterior in position and attempt an ‘off-roading’ adventure with the Bash/MTN.

The Serial 1 Bash/MTN – an off-roading electric bicycle. Photo courtesy of Serial 1.

Bring the popcorn, join us in the best of the latest by subscribing to our newsletter (we’ll make sure to be nice and prompt on the updates coming down the pipeline), and as always – stay safe on the twisties.

*Media sourced from Electric, Move Electric, PRNewswire, NewAtlas, and Serial 1*​

The post Harley-Davidson Has an Off-Roading Bicycle with No Suspension appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

I have a hybrid ebike. Basically a road bike with big tyres and short travel suspension on the front. It also has a suspension seatpost. After getting it I started to ride it on forest tracks and the like for some variety.

The suspension seatpost helps and the short travel forks help but if the track gets rough then my wrists and back get hammered. That was why I went on to purchase a full suspension dedicated offroad ebike to accompany the Hybrid. Problem solved.

The Harley doesn't make sense especially with that rigid front fork. The seatpost is a nod to a softer back end but not in the same league as a fully suspended rear end. I have the same model seatpost on one of my bikes.

One wonders what the design brief was because it makes no sense whatsoever on an offroader.

I have a gravel bike, not have enough clearance for larger volume tires at rear, but with Giant 28 road tyres it certainly handled tracks, trails and canal tow paths in Brittany last week….

Last edited:
Back