• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hard to put bike on OEM centerstand....

I don't have center stand on my NC but should. Can someone suggest which stand made for the NC will be the easiest to use or do you find them all pretty much the same design? Seems to me that the mechanical assist done properly with the foot could/would make it much easier to use the center stand. The one on my Bandit 1250 seems pretty easy compared to others I have used.

Any thoughts out there?? By the way I love my NC!!

I have the factory option center stand on my 2021 and find it pretty easy to put up on the stand compared to other bikes I have owned

Ferret, did you order yours? If so, how long did it take to get it? I ordered the factory center stand last night and am curious about delivery times.
Yes, I ordered mine when I ordered the bike. It came in long before the bike, within 10 days of ordering if I remember correctly. I had them put it on before picking it up.

There are some you tube vids on how to install that have some pretty good tips if you are going to do it yourself

Yes, I ordered mine when I ordered the bike. It came in long before the bike, within 10 days of ordering if I remember correctly. I had them put it on before picking it up.

There are some you tube vids on how to install that have some pretty good tips if you are going to do it yourself
SOOOO only the Honda in use for 2021 bikes. Glad to hear it works well for you Ferret! Another question pops into my little head...wonder it is the same one in use for all the prior model NC? I think I asked if anyone knows if there is/are any changes to the bottom of the frame that would prevent after market center stands from being used...not that they would necessarily be better. It seems from a production standpoint they would use mostly the same frame parts as prior bikes but I have nothing to compare the 21 to confirm that thought.

Thanks folks!!

SOOOO only the Honda in use for 2021 bikes. Glad to hear it works well for you Ferret! Another question pops into my little head...wonder it is the same one in use for all the prior model NC? I think I asked if anyone knows if there is/are any changes to the bottom of the frame that would prevent after market center stands from being used...not that they would necessarily be better. It seems from a production standpoint they would use mostly the same frame parts as prior bikes but I have nothing to compare the 21 to confirm that thought.

Thanks folks!!
The NCX suspension travel was shortened for 2021. The past model year’s NC7x0X compatible stands may be too long and make putting the bike on the stand more difficult.

It says NEW on the accessory part number list. As 670cc mentioned, shorter suspension requires shorter center stand.

The NCX suspension travel was shortened for 2021. The past model year’s NC7x0X compatible stands may be too long and make putting the bike on the stand more difficult.
I had forgotten about that...good point and thanks for reminding me. Wife reminded me just a little bit ago about vacuuming the dinning room...seems I have start a "chores list" since I forget things often...but then I'd probably misplace it.

Thanks again!!

I had forgotten about that...good point and thanks for reminding me. Wife reminded me just a little bit ago about vacuuming the dinning room...seems I have start a "chores list" since I forget things often...but then I'd probably misplace it.

Thanks again!!
Can anyone please confirm that the 2021 center stand stock number ((08M70-MKW-D00) fits the DCT model?

I bought an adjustable length side stand for my previous bike after lowering it but I wish someone made an adjustable length centerstand. Lots of people lower tall bikes with thin seats. Put on a comfortable seat & now your legs are too short. Put on lowering links & now you can't use the stands. Went through this with my Vstrom. My NC700X I reduced preload on the rear shock which slightly lowered it then bought lowering links. Even with the SeatConcepts & sheepskin little 6'1" me can flatfoot. That matters when you're my age. The center stand I installed was made for the S model but it's still too short without a board so I'm thinking how I can saw off an inch or more. Whoever invents an adjustable length center stand will sell thousands. That's probably 20 years ahead of motorcycle engineers today.

I bought an adjustable length side stand for my previous bike after lowering it but I wish someone made an adjustable length centerstand. Lots of people lower tall bikes with thin seats. Put on a comfortable seat & now your legs are too short. Put on lowering links & now you can't use the stands. Went through this with my Vstrom. My NC700X I reduced preload on the rear shock which slightly lowered it then bought lowering links. Even with the SeatConcepts & sheepskin little 6'1" me can flatfoot. That matters when you're my age. The center stand I installed was made for the S model but it's still too short without a board so I'm thinking how I can saw off an inch or more. Whoever invents an adjustable length center stand will sell thousands. That's probably 20 years ahead of motorcycle engineers today.
I took an inch off my stock side stand and makes it a lot easier to slide into the seat...short legs and all. My new Honda center stand is at the Post Office and I'll pick up on Monday...from Ebay $121 shipped.

My NC700X I reduced preload on the rear shock which slightly lowered it then bought lowering links. The center stand I installed was made for the S model but it's still too short without a board so I'm thinking how I can saw off an inch or more.
I am currently working through this problem on a lowered bike. Can you clarify your setup?
What size lowering links did you use?
How much did it lower the bike overall?
How long is the S model center stand? footer to middle of pivot point bolt?
So S model center stand is still too short? Wouldn't too short make it easier to lift but not get the rear wheel much off the ground?
Where do you put the board under the rear wheel or the stand itself?

I am currently working through this problem on a lowered bike. Can you clarify your setup?
What size lowering links did you use?
How much did it lower the bike overall?
How long is the S model center stand? footer to middle of pivot point bolt?
So S model center stand is still too short? Wouldn't too short make it easier to lift but not get the rear wheel much off the ground?
Where do you put the board under the rear wheel or the stand itself?
I must have been on coffee withdrawals when I posted about my center stand. The center stand is not too short. It's WAY too long. It's useless. It's for a Honda NC700S so it's shorter. Maybe. I don't have a stock center stand to compare. Mine is 9.25" from the center of the pivot point bolt to the bottom of the feet. I can cut the feet off & they would be maybe 1/2" shorter. Not sure if that would be enough. I bought a set of used Soupy's lowering links & also a used side stand for a Honda NC700S. The lowering links are adjusted as low as they go & I think the previous user put red thread locker on them because they won't budge. But the seat height is perfect because with my SeatConcepts seat plus a sheep skin cover & I can flat foot. Before I was on my toes. Probably dropped it 2". The stock side stand is too long. The bike sits vertical & would fall over if I sneezed. The S model side stand is about 1.25" too short. It leans WAY over & looks like it's falling. The board I put behind the rear tire is about 1.25" high but it's still a struggle to use the center stand. It's impossible without the board. I think I need to build a ramp with a 2" rise because the rear tire is about 2-2.5" off the ground. Oh, I raised the forks some, a little less than an inch. I went through this mess with my last bike. I'm 50/50 on continuing the fight or selling this bike.

I must have been on coffee withdrawals when I posted about my center stand. The center stand is not too short. It's WAY too long. It's useless. It's for a Honda NC700S so it's shorter. Maybe. I don't have a stock center stand to compare. Mine is 9.25" from the center of the pivot point bolt to the bottom of the feet. I can cut the feet off & they would be maybe 1/2" shorter. Not sure if that would be enough. I bought a set of used Soupy's lowering links & also a used side stand for a Honda NC700S. The lowering links are adjusted as low as they go & I think the previous user put red thread locker on them because they won't budge. But the seat height is perfect because with my SeatConcepts seat plus a sheep skin cover & I can flat foot. Before I was on my toes. Probably dropped it 2". The stock side stand is too long. The bike sits vertical & would fall over if I sneezed. The S model side stand is about 1.25" too short. It leans WAY over & looks like it's falling. The board I put behind the rear tire is about 1.25" high but it's still a struggle to use the center stand. It's impossible without the board. I think I need to build a ramp with a 2" rise because the rear tire is about 2-2.5" off the ground. Oh, I raised the forks some, a little less than an inch. I went through this mess with my last bike. I'm 50/50 on continuing the fight or selling this bike.
I feel so much better...I had my coffee times 2 and I kept scratching my head how your stand was "too short" because I kept looking at the uninstalled one I just bought which is a Honda part and it looked just about right for my bike. I feel better now.

I figured your too short comment was a play on the old joke, "I cut it off twice, and it was still too short".

Back