• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hard to put bike on OEM centerstand....

I must have been on coffee withdrawals when I posted about my center stand. The center stand is not too short. It's WAY too long. It's useless. It's for a Honda NC700S so it's shorter. Maybe. I don't have a stock center stand to compare. Mine is 9.25" from the center of the pivot point bolt to the bottom of the feet. I can cut the feet off & they would be maybe 1/2" shorter. Not sure if that would be enough. I bought a set of used Soupy's lowering links & also a used side stand for a Honda NC700S. The lowering links are adjusted as low as they go & I think the previous user put red thread locker on them because they won't budge. But the seat height is perfect because with my SeatConcepts seat plus a sheep skin cover & I can flat foot. Before I was on my toes. Probably dropped it 2". The stock side stand is too long. The bike sits vertical & would fall over if I sneezed. The S model side stand is about 1.25" too short. It leans WAY over & looks like it's falling. The board I put behind the rear tire is about 1.25" high but it's still a struggle to use the center stand. It's impossible without the board. I think I need to build a ramp with a 2" rise because the rear tire is about 2-2.5" off the ground. Oh, I raised the forks some, a little less than an inch. I went through this mess with my last bike. I'm 50/50 on continuing the fight or selling this bike.
Have you looked at this thread? It may be an answer for you.

I must have been on coffee withdrawals when I posted about my center stand. I'm 50/50 on continuing the fight or selling this bike.
That makes more sense. For what it is worth I might know someone that is selling a Soupy adjustable side stand. I'd have to check

Have you looked at this thread? It may be an answer for you.

The 2021 NC seat height is only 1" lower 31.6" vs 32.7" for pre 2021. He states his is 2" lower so it might not be ideal. It's hard when you don't have accurate measurements or details about each bike.

Thanks for all of the center stand tips, tricks, and & techniques! Looks like I need to practice, practice, practice until I find the 'technique' that'll work reliably for me!

Thanks to all for the various tips, hints, suggestions, etc. I was able to find a 'technique' that works for me to get my 2021 NC750X DCT onto the center stand.

In my case, the 'key' was to center the handlebars, upright the bike with the center stand partially deployed and then to use a lot of pressure on the center stand pedal (a sturdy shoe/boot helps) as I 'roll' the bike rearward (holding onto but not really lifting) the bars and the rear rack!

Once I got it to work once, I repeated the process several times to get 'comfortable' with it and it was easier each successive try!

A different approach:
I posted this on the UKNC forum. It may take a bit of studying as it seems counterintuitive that smaller hole centre lower suspension links make it easier. Look at the gap between the rear tyre and the ground with the bike on the stand. With shorter links, the gap is smaller so you are not having to lift so high to get it on the stand.

" If you fit rear suspension lower links with a smaller hole centre distance the bike is easier to put on the centre stand. The rear wheel is then closer to the ground when on the centre stand. Effectively this means that you do not have to lift the bike so much when using the centre stand. You can buy lowering links and some are adjustable.

I made my own using two pieces of 1/4" or 6 mm flat steel bar 1" or 25 mm wide. You can use the original links as a pattern. Clamp the two bits together when drilling so that the smaller hole centres are the same in each link. I didn't bother making them dog bone-shaped like the originals.

I've measured the links I made and the hole centres are 5 mm shorter than the originals. If I was making them again I would probably try 6 or 7 mm less.

My NC is a 2022 model. I don't know if that measurement would work for earlier models but on the centre stand with the links removed it is easy to jack the rear wheel up/down and measure the centres that give you a smaller gap between the tyre and the ground.

There is a Youtube video from an Australian guy making his own links:-

As mentioned in some of the above posts, doing a bit of "rocking" with your foot on the lever creates a bit of momentum and makes it easier when pulling up and backward onto the centre stand. "

Put a Honda Goldwing on the centerstand, the NC 750 is easy.
#12 post is very good and it works great.
Find somebody to shorten the centerstand legs about an inch, makes it very easy too.

Last edited:
Put a Honda Goldwing on the centerstand, the NC 750 is easy.
#12 post is very good and it works great.
Find somebody to shorten the centerstand legs, makes it very easy too.
I put about 15 or more to the rear shock preload and my 2006 Wing is easier to stand than my NC. I have the Honda accessory luggage rack and it’s not a natural pull for my right hand.

One other thing to consider if you're struggling to get on the center stand--do NOT engage the parking break until AFTER you get it on the stand. That makes it feel a lot more heavy.

Back