• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

hard sided saddlebags cheap

StratTuner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Having recently been introduced to the virtues of hard sided cases,
I'm considering two of [THESE] style cases. ($22 each as of May 2018)

hsbag1.jpg

In my case, they will have two Quick Release to suspend them from the hand rails.
Easy to take on/off... they look like they have a hole for a padlock... could be good....
more later...

edit: well, hmmm $60 for two with shipping.... maybe next month...

Last edited:
Those look pretty good St, with several options for dimensions... :{)

Features:

• [*=left]Designed and developed to the comply with the highest safety protection standards
    [*=left]Waterproof up to 1 meter depth for 30 minutes
    [*=left]Shockproof design with fully customizable foam interior
    [*=left]Total protection against dust and other solid material
    [*=left]Ultraviolet and impact resistant material
    [*=left]Manual pressure relief valve allows for gradual pressure equalization
    [*=left]Seal design provides IP67 level protection
    [*=left]Ergonomic, rubber covered handle
    [*=left]Customizable name plate
    [*=left]7mm diameter lock holes
    [*=left]-40 ~ +194°F (-40 ~ +90°C) operating temperature
    [*=left]604 cu in (9.9 liter) internal volume
    [*=left]19.14 lbs (8.68 kg) maximum buoyancy
    [*=left]11.26" x 8.66" x 10.35" (286 x 220 x 263 mm) external dimensions
    [*=left]10.43" x 6.73" x 8.78" (265 x 171 x 223 mm) internal dimensions
    [*=left]Weighs only 3.97 lbs (1.8 kg)

10 liters? That is pretty small. Touring panniers offer 30 to 50 liters of storage.

Yep - those look like Pelican knockoffs. Good pricing depending on how good they are, if you need a pelican case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a tiny case in post #1, but it looks heavy duty. If anything, it goes to show how overpriced Givi cases are for the relatively flimsy stuff they sell.

Last edited:
10 liters? That is pretty small. Touring panniers offer 30 to 50 liters of storage.

Yep. Looking at other cases I notice the same. They're the right shape, they're just too small!

What I'd like is a traditional samsonite suitcase. handle on the top, hard sided, no wheels or extensible pull handles... simple.

I'm going to pass on the case I listed first for now.
I'll keep looking for a plastic version of the traditional suitcase.....that doesn't cost $300 .

Having recently been introduced to the virtues of hard sided cases,
I'm considering two of [THESE] style cases. ($22 each as of May 2018)

I like these (well, except the size and probably won't be getting any) because they are top loading, not "clam-shell" side loading. I currently run Ammo Cans on my vstrom but at 17lbs each, are too heavy IMO (I had already cut out a lot of the sidewalls and tops, and replaced the steel material with Al-U-many-um......knocking about 4lbs off the stock 22lbs weight). I want to run plastic sidcases. "ACME" (Motorcycle Panniers and Luggage -Acmemoto2) makes nice plastic boxes, but are not cheap.

Wow... think I'll get me the AcmeMoto2 case with 33 Liters for $800!! Well ... not really.

I liked the cases from Harbor Freight... those are now on my radar now. (I saved the link).

For now, [THESE] remain the most efficient bags I've ever seen.

everest22.jpg

Having posted the link to the HF Apache cases, I will add that actually I much prefer, as Moto-Kafe does, top loading side cases. I’m not a motel kinda guy where I routinely take cases inside and unload them like a suitcase. I prefer easy access to the case contents on the bike, without the load spilling out when the case is opened.

The Apache style would work well as a top case.

Last edited:
Based in your needs, wallet, and sense of style, you can use almost anything. I have Givi side cases, but I do use them a lot, so maybe that's OK. I also have a Pelican top case that I don't ride without. It is functional and not that expensive.

Of course you can go as "budget priced and functional" as you want. I met a guy a few years ago at an HU meeting that was riding the country on the bike below. The four 8 inch tubes worked great for him. His joke was that he kept onions in the left tube and potatoes in the right. [emoji3]

2a97856415a4a506be307c35ee8239de.jpg

Last edited:
Based in your needs, wallet, and sense of style, you can use almost anything. I have Givi side cases, but I do use them a lot, so maybe that's OK. I also have a Pelican top case that I don't ride without. It is functional and not that expensive.

Of course you can go as "budget priced and functional" as you want. I met a guy a few years ago at an HU meeting that was riding the country on the bike below. The four 8 inch tubes worked great for him. His joke was that he kept onions in the left tube and potatoes in the right. [emoji3]

2a97856415a4a506be307c35ee8239de.jpg
I actually saw this bike passing through Jacksonville a few years ago. I caught up with him to get a better look at the set up he had.

I only had side loading bags so that's all I know. I made nets and dividers individual to each side case and to each set and generally pack the same way all the time. Most individual items go into small stuff sacks or a bigger bag liner and is retained by said dividers or netting. Nothing ever falls out when a case is opened and everything is visible to find - no rooting around in the bottom of a top loading case to find what I'm looking for. If I started with top loading cases I might think they are better but I think I'd probably organize them in some way so it would be easy to locate what I'm looking for instead of digging around in the bottom of the case.

Back