• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Handguards that don't require the removal of the OEM vibration dampening bar weights that Hondas use?

All good info, thank you!. Bummer on the 34L box no longer available....aaaaaargh
That was my response at first. But the thought of space for a helmet, overpants, gloves, and maybe a jacket eased the pain. Plus, I got the admore light kit, which I don't think the 34l had that option, so yay safety!

Luggage rack: Pretty durable eh?. I presume one has to also order a top box mounting plate?. I know their offering 2 sizes of GIVI boxes. Is there enough tie down points if a rider just wanted to use a soft bag?. Installation pretty straight forward?. Grab rails stay intact upon install. Is so on all, this rack very well could be a great alternative to other racks.
T-Rex Racing luggage rack install was very clean. Remove the front seat. Pull the grab rails. Lay down rack, install grab rails with longer screws provided. Reinstall seat. No issues. Givi Monolock Series includes mounting plate.

Attachments

• TRex Luggage Rack.jpg
    TRex Luggage Rack.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 28
  • Givi Mounting Plate on TRex Luggage Rack.jpg
    Givi Mounting Plate on TRex Luggage Rack.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 28
  • TRex Luggage Rack with Givi Mount.jpg
    TRex Luggage Rack with Givi Mount.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 29
Nice!. Are the welds pretty decent. Reason I ask, I was reading about weld complaints from another bike forum......could've been an old thread however.

T Rex rack arrived.....nice!.
3/16" (4.78mm) plate and mounting rails . 12.9 grade mounting bolts to the frame. 10.9 grade for the plate to the mounting rails. I like.

Hello, I have a 2016 NC700X DCT and I was looking for some handguards but I see that most of them are the kind where it goes inside of the handlebar but since Honda's use those bar weights to reduce vibration, I am looking for alternatives. Thanks!
idk if you are still looking but I can confirm that you can install barkbusters without taking out the honda bar weights. I used the original bolts and the new bar end weights but left the internals.

idk if you are still looking but I can confirm that you can install barkbusters without taking out the honda bar weights. I used the original bolts and the new bar end weights but left the internals.
Wasn't aware that was possible......thought all internals had to be scraped.

I ended up going with the Honda OEM handguards which I am happy with. I bought them to redirect the wind from my hands, and not so much for protection (they don't have that metal reinforcement bar like others do). I actually dropped the bike last night while I was practicing full lock turns and it held up well. I dropped it on the right side with the bars slightly turned to the right and the handguard had a few scratches in the front but that's about it. No broken lever, though it was basically a 0 mph drop. Also have GIVI crash bars.

Back