• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Handguards for DCT

bigmark

Reaction score
Visit site
Would you riders of the DCT please chime in on which handguards fit and work the best, maybe where you bought them?

Thanks for the information and the good pictures. I think those will do fine now I just have to find a company that sells them in USA.

The pictures shown ARE of a DCT (see the parking brake when you zoom in).

Yes, their site says not for the DCT,and yet the pics say otherwise. More to the point, given how the hand guards attach - a bolt into the end weight, a clamp around the handlebar, I have a hard time understanding why they wouldn't fit the DCT. Anyone know?

EDIT: Twisted's web site contains installation instructions. It looks like Barkbusters' kit includes a replacement end weight. Perhaps thats the part that isn't compatible?

If no one here knows why, then since an NCX is one of their project bikes, I'd call Twisted's CS and ask for clarification.

Maybe not what you want to hear, but the SW Motech Kobra hand guards carry no 'DCT warning', but retail for a cool $170. I actually like their rugged appearance a lot, plus you can add LED turn signals into them - ooh, sparkly things!

So there you go, you can buy el-cheapo's from somewhere or other (ebay, Cyclegear maybe) that if you only want wind protection will probably fit and work fine with a bit of wrangling, or you can go MAX-FARKLING and spend up to $200.

Meanwhile, I can't help myself. I'm going to order a set of the Barkbusters, or maybe even SWM's. I need to stop reading these threads - Aaaaaargggthhh.

Last edited:
The SW-Motech ver is a re-brand of Barkbusters. Barkbusters SKU is BHG46.2-NP. It fits NC700X and my NC700XD although it's not stated on their website. Site carries a warning that earlier the earlier BHG46-NP does not fit NC700X. Install instructions are here. Although it says to remove the internal weights, I just left them as they are and reuse the original bar end weights as they feel heavier than the replacements.

The SW-Motech ver is a re-brand of Barkbusters. Barkbusters SKU is BHG46.2-NP. It fits NC700X and my NC700XD although it's not stated on their website. Site carries a warning that earlier the earlier BHG46-NP does not fit NC700X. Install instructions are here. Although it says to remove the internal weights, I just left them as they are and reuse the original bar end weights as they feel heavier than the replacements.

Seems they have not updated there site , gonna give them a call. Thanks

Ray,
Show us some photos.

Ken

When I started browsing this forum it was one of the threads that cought my attention. I already knew that not all handguards fit the DCT and here it has been confirmed that BBSTORMS do.

After doing some research I know that these are the ones I'm gonna get!

Some photos on the mountings. I think others have posted photos on the handguards before.

6FCBD288-4B15-4190-BBC5-EB887CCEAC64-3180-00000058C03AD516.jpg

0F4DCD9C-5251-40DE-B196-550AC703BB2F-3180-00000058B98BD4B3.jpg

7606C6F7-4AF1-4D40-8099-6EABA829C429-3180-00000058B137E641.jpg

Hope you guys like pics. They are my favorite part of any post so I am throwing them all up. Forgot to say yesterday, from twistedthrottle.com the price for the entire setup was $98. I got 2 day shipping which put them at $126. Not bad IMO. View attachment 942View attachment 943View attachment 944View attachment 945View attachment 946View attachment 947View attachment 948View attachment 949

Twisted Throttle VPS Barkbuster NC700 specific mounted and all parts powder coated semi gloss black:

View attachment 2714View attachment 2715View attachment 2716

Last edited:
Looks wonderful. Thanks for posting. Sure does come in handy when your able to see it.
Now decisions (which one to get - acerbis dual road handguard w/led or barkbuster vps).

Ken

Ppww: did you use original bar weights or did you use the bark buster brand?
Was it difficult for install ? (Concerned that it might be hard to remove barends)

Ken

I definitely plan on getting a set of these bark busters. Since I bought my NC700X, I've noticed I tend to take large bugs in the knuckles more often than not. And it hurts like a SOB when you hit one doing 55.

Back