• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Handelbars rolling back

Willie

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking for ideas, I installed 2” handlebar risers on my NC, and even with repeated tightening, the bars roll back after a long days ride in the wind, with me hanging on to them. Have any of you pinned the Bars and Risers? I am open to suggestions, thinking about drilling and tapping 10-24 holes for stainless bolts to pin.

Hey Willie. I have ran into this in other situations. If you have double checked every part involved and found nothing else to be the culprit... May i suggest using a small amount of "thread Lock" or Lock-Tite, (one drop on the the lower portion on each side-not the caps, just the lower portion). This should be more then sufficient. Reassemble the risers/bars setting them to the angle that you would like them at, let it set over night and enjoy the ride!! :{)

The typical 2 inch risers, like Rox brand risers, have no knurling or splines on the lower posts that go into the stock bar clamps. The handlebars do, hence they don't slip. One solution is to "rough up" the posts. I'd suggest getting serious about it, like clamping toothed Vise Grips over the posts to put some splines in them.

As much as Rox risers costs, this is a serious shortcoming in their product. It's a safety issue.

Also be aware that on the Honda bar clamps, there is a definite tightening sequence described by Honda. One side (front or rear) of the clamp upper half is to be in contact with the base, so it gets tightened down first, then you torque the other bolt. I believe it's the forward side first, but refer to the service manual to be sure.

Last edited:
Hey Willie. I have ran into this in other situations. If you have double checked every part involved and found nothing else to be the culprit... May i suggest using a small amount of "thread Lock" or Lock-Tite, (one drop on the the lower portion on each side-not the caps, just the lower portion). This should be more then sufficient. Reassemble the risers/bars setting them to the angle that you would like them at, let it set over night and enjoy the ride!! :{)

Thank You, worth a try.

The typical 2 inch risers, like Rox brand risers, have no knurling or splines on the lower posts that go into the stock bar clamps. The handlebars do, hence they don't slip. One solution is to "rough up" the posts. I'd suggest getting serious about it, like clamping toothed Vise Grips over the posts to put some splines in them.

As much as Rox risers costs, this is a serious shortcoming in their product. It's a safety issue.

Also be aware that on the Honda bar clamps, there is a definite tightening sequence described by Honda. One side (front or rear) of the clamp upper half is to be in contact with the base, so it gets tightened down first, then you torque the other bolt. I believe it's the forward side first, but refer to the service manual to be sure.

Thank You, I will be sure to follow Hondas recommendations, and yes, I agree, should have splines on the riser posts, cheap mive on the part of Rox Risers.

When I was in machining school we were trained to put a strip of newspaper between the vice jaws and the material when using the milling machine vice. Wonder if the same theory would help here...(random thought) Good luck :)

Yes, actually I put a short strip of crocus cloth in between the bar and cradle, worked for awhile, but seemed to loosten up over time. I did retorqye using Honda recommendations and bars are firm again for now. Thanks for your idea.

Back