• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hand-Break

oal321

Reaction score
Visit site
Ηι,

I have the NC750X of 2016 about 9 month.
Suddenly today I did not hand-brake at all.
The heave up, but still trundling. He had another similar problem ?

Thank you

It is adjustable at the brake. There is also a mark on the handle for reference

Yes i know that but I wonder is that why until last night that I left in garage working perfect but today in the morning not working at all ?

Thank you sir

The parking break on the DCT model? Is there less resistance than usual when you set the brake? If so, then I would check the cable at both ends to see if its broken or detached. If you haven't lubed it and use it frequently, breaking is more likely (though, 9 months is a bit fast).

If it feels normal when you apply the brake, but the bike still rolls, then it could be something wrong with the brake itself--check to see if the calipers move when you apply the break. Look and see if there is any gap between the brake pad and rotor--there should be little to no gap.

Let us know what you see, and try to be as detailed as possible.

The cable can stretch from normal use and be less effective.

There's a way to make course adjustments at the wheel and finer ones at the handlebar.

Riding with it engaged doesn't help either, ask me how I know!

I have learned to use the parking brake, after the bike chased me down a hill. Now I use it all the time, but do forget to disengage the parking brake from time to time. Usually, I never get out ot the parking lot.

The NC has more than enough low end grunt to overpower the parking brake.
You can get quite far before you realize that the sluggish performance isn't the wrong gear...

I made the same mistake just after collecting the bike, but the warning light on the dash helps... I use the parking brake all the time, love it!

I consider the parking brake, lack of clutch lever, lack of shift lever, and the DCT to be part of the anti-theft system. Most people have no idea how this bike works! ;-)
>T

Back