• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Great stuff for cleaning chain lube off wheels!

TacomaJD

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wanted to say how much I love this stuff. Put a new chain on my street NC a while back and only lubed it once since then, but the oem lube and the additional lube made a mess of the rear wheel. Well, I went to wash the NC the other day, put it up on center stand, rinsed the whole bike with water, and then sprayed this Maxima Clean Up chain cleaner all over the whole rear wheel, let it sit a few minutes, and then most of the lube washed off with just the power of my water hose. Then I went over it with an old rag and what was left on it came off super easy. Wheel nice and shiny again. Always hated cleaning rear wheels on chain driven bikes, but now that I've found how well this stuff works, it's a piece of cake.

And obviously good for cleaning your chain too and grimy areas of the swing arm too. ;)

So funny that the chain lube company makes a lube, which makes a mess, then also sells a cleaner to clean up their mess.

I'm wondering how long a new chain will last if you never lube it or clean it at all. Maybe it will last nearly or just as long.

So funny that the chain lube company makes a lube, which makes a mess, then also sells a cleaner to clean up their mess.

I'm wondering how long a new chain will last if you never lube it or clean it at all. Maybe it will last nearly or just as long.
I tried that experiment once, with a BMW X-Challenge, that was predominantly ridden off-pavement. The notion was that lube+dust-> grinding paste, so I went without cleaning, other than a general bike wash-down, and without lubing (and with steel pinion and rear wheel sprockets). The chain lasted just a bit over 10,000 miles.

Know what they say, lube just enough to keep the rust away LOL I've not lubed the chain on my track bike very much and it sits for months in between track days. It's got some surface rust on the chain now and it drives me crazy to look at. Could probably clean it off, but I never make time. I bet chains would still last quite a while with zero maintenance. If lubing and cleaning were more labor intensive, I might actually try going without lubing on a new chain and see what happens, but no more of a bother than it is, I'll likely keep on doing what I've been doing, which is just lubing every now and then, without paying attention to mileage intervals.

Back