• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

GPS mount

MalcolmReynolds

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone had an experience with this GPS mount for the 2016-2020 bikes? I would like to have a place to mount a GPS and wondered what the experience is with these. Also does anyone know if this will work with the windshield adapter that allows you to adjust the windshield up and down? Any ideas?

GPS Mount:

Windshield slider:

I'm a RAM mount guy. I took this off my old bike and it works very nicely to center my phone with adjustment if I wanted it.
Looking at that mount, I'm not sure how it attaches. I wish they'd have included a picture in situ.

Attachments

• 20210507_181422[1].jpg
    20210507_181422[1].jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 68
I am considering getting a GPS mount similar to the one you linked to. I have the windscreen sliders in the link and I would assume that the GPS mount would go on first, followed by the sliders and then the screen. The stock bolts on the bike would most likely not be long enough. The bolts that came with my Puig screen would be more than long enough for that application. I agree that it would be nice to see the mount installed. My main concern with this mount in particular is the fact that the cross bar is bolted and not welded on. That may result in slipping in the future with your GPS attached.

That is what I was thinking too with the bolts probably not being long enough to deal with the windshield, the sliders, and the ram mount. I like the idea of having the GPS mounted above the speedo just below the light of sight so I thought I would ask. Seems like it would be a good setup if it works.

I found another video showing how it mounts, but it is not in english. So that might still be of use just to watch how it was installed. It looks like it just goes under the windshield and uses the same bolts the windshield uses. And I think the same is true for the adjusters to raise and lower the windshield so the key is probably finding some bolts long enough to go through all 3 things.

I found another video showing how it mounts, but it is not in english. So that might still be of use just to watch how it was installed. It looks like it just goes under the windshield and uses the same bolts the windshield uses. And I think the same is true for the adjusters to raise and lower the windshield so the key is probably finding some bolts long enough to go through all 3 things.

This is in Hungarian and I’m Hungarian, so I can help w/ the language. Summary:
  • He explains why riders would want a GPS or phone mount (navigation, etc).
  • There are many diameters for the rod that can be used; he selected 22mm
  • Metal appears to be solid, and he ordered from China . . . Whatever that means as far as a brand, no clue. He got the one for NC “X” not “S.”
  • Longer screws are good (stainless steel should be required)
  • [I’m skipping over narration where it’s obvious what he’s doing from the vid . . . Like assembly]
  • Don’t tighten anything during assembly until fit-tested first
  • Plastic washers are a must to protect so those washers should be on the screen side and then the metal washers
  • [my own addition would be to add thread blocker medium]
  • Again, don’t tighten until fully fitted and then tighten fully and then check bolts after riding for a little while
Cheers,
Laz

Back