• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Got the Givi pannier rack? Slap a plate in there. [Files included]

LearnedButt

Reaction score
Visit site
On my bike, I've got the Givi Trekker outback paniers, which necessitated the Pannier frame (PL1146CAM).

These are fantastic on trips, but make daily riding a pain due to the impracticability of lane splitting/filtering and the reduced fuel economy of the increased drag. When I don't need them, I take them off.

So I've got the racks on full time, and I decided to do something with them. I came up with aluminum plates, 3.6 mm thick, that I can bolt different things to. These plates can then be swapped out for the panniers or other plates, giving me a modular system I can pretty much do anything with. The plates currently most in rotation have an extra gas can on one side, and a toolbox/cupholder on the other. (The cupholder has turned out to be amazingly convenient)

I measured it out and designed them in vector, and found a place in NV that does CNC work online. You send the vector file, they cut the shape, and then send it to you. It's called sendcutsend.com (this is not a sponsored post). Each plate is about 30-40 bucks, depending on the material I go with. I then take the plate, drill out the bolt holes as needed, paint it, and rivet straps with a buckle to keep it in place.

Pics are of the plates as they come, and the plates as used, one for the gas can (rotopax) and one for random stuff.

20210408_145618.jpg20210629_175231.jpg20210629_175251.jpg

Actual vector eps files:

Back