• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Goodbye NC700

bl**dy expensive!!
I thought by having your mobile on they could trace you??

Only once someone finally figures out you are missing and also only if there is cell coverage assuming your cell phone doesn't get damaged in an accident. Still many places in the US where cell coverage is spotty or non-existent. $149 per year for the subscription is pretty cheap insurance IMO. Sometimes SPOT runs deals where the unit is free if you just sign up for the service. That's how I got mine. Just a little more peace of mind when riding solo.

Only once someone finally figures out you are missing and also only if there is cell coverage assuming your cell phone doesn't get damaged in an accident. Still many places in the US where cell coverage is spotty or non-existent. $149 per year for the subscription is pretty cheap insurance IMO. Sometimes SPOT runs deals where the unit is free if you just sign up for the service. That's how I got mine. Just a little more peace of mind when riding solo.

I have never thought about using one of these although it would not be a bad idea. I'll have to keep a lookout for the free unit deal. Cost about as much as Sirrus radio a year.

When I go for a ride I generally show the wife where I going to be. I actually point it out on the map. I do this just in case something happens. Whether she is paying attention or not is another story. I also try and give her a time frame.

Hey everyone!

Just resurecting this thread to say I'm still recovering, going to physical therapy twice weekly to try to regain as much use/movement in my right shoulder as possible. I'm still having a lot of aches and pains in my leg and wrist as well but I can now walk without a cane although I now limp like Festus from Gunsmoke. My wife is a nervous wreck at the thought of me riding again in the spring but will support me if I do. I still have two bikes so I probably won't get another NC700 (unless I get a real good deal!). I just wanted to say thanks again for the good wishes and ride safe and wear your gear!

Hey everyone!

Just resurecting this thread to say I'm still recovering, going to physical therapy twice weekly to try to regain as much use/movement in my right shoulder as possible. I'm still having a lot of aches and pains in my leg and wrist as well but I can now walk without a cane although I now limp like Festus from Gunsmoke. My wife is a nervous wreck at the thought of me riding again in the spring but will support me if I do. I still have two bikes so I probably won't get another NC700 (unless I get a real good deal!). I just wanted to say thanks again for the good wishes and ride safe and wear your gear!
7.jpg

Thank you for Emphasizing how important wearing gear is. A dollar invested in riding gear a lot more important than that same dollar invested in farkles! Get well soon. If Riding is in your blood you will know it, and no person can tell you what to do.

smileyLargesmile.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Glad your still here with us my friend. I recently went down too, I'll attest to wearing full gear at all times as well, without my gear, it would have been a lot worse.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

-Jesse

Hello everyone,

Well it's finally getting warm enough for me to get back out on the bike for the first time since I totaled my NC. I've got all new gear, it's gonna feel a little strange to ride again but I'm looking forward to it. I'm just going to take it slow and easy and my wife is fully supportive of my getting back in the saddle. I still wonder if I should get another NC, after all, I still have a corbin seat for it!:rolleyes: Thanks to all for you best wishes during my recovery.

That new "Full gear" will also be a confidence booster. There’s nothing better than knowing that, even if you do go down, chances are you won’t be hurt.

It’s also a good idea to tackle this particular obstacle on your own. That way there’s no pressure to perform in front of friends.

And, just take it easy. Go for a nice little ride, feel the wind on your face, see some sights, smell some smells and go home with a sense of accomplishment.

Welcome back to the RIDE!

Welcome back! Glad to hear you have recovered well. It was almost a year exactly after I wrecked my V-Rod that I got the NC. Took the misses longer to come around than me, but I was patient. The NC was my rebound bike and I couldn't be happier with it. They say it's a good bike for those coming back so why not get another? Like you said already got a seat for it. ;) Good luck!

P.S. The condition I had to make with the wifey was full gear also, but I was planning on it anyways. Road rash freaking hurts!!

Back