• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Goodbye NC hello Deauville

Rocker66

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.kawasakiw650.co.uk
Today I arranged to trade my NC against a new Honda Deauville a model which sadly Honda are dropping.
As I find this forum interesting and mainly friendly if it's OK by Dennis and the majority of members I would like to stick around

Today I arranged to trade my NC against a new Honda Deauville a model which sadly Honda are dropping.
As I find this forum interesting and mainly friendly if it's OK by Dennis and the majority of members I would like to stick around

Ignore any twits that say otherwise!

You HAVE to let us all in on the differences and stuff between the NCX and the 'Ville, aside from the obvious of course. Lots of pictures etc. :D

Ignore any twits that say otherwise!

You HAVE to let us all in on the differences and stuff between the NCX and the 'Ville, aside from the obvious of course. Lots of pictures etc. :D

Thank you as this will be my 4th Deauville I have a good idea as to what I'm getting into. Pictures will have to wait until the 17th when I collect the bike. However as a taster here is a pic of the one that I traded in for the NC. The new one will be basically the same except it will be black and have a Givi top box with brake light instead of the Honda one

dcp_2891_zpsc48ea649.jpg

dcp_2892_zps4bdd14d3.jpg

of course you can stick around ol chap.
we might have a had few unsavoury moments but being the MAN I am I don't hold grudge's.
wink_smile.gif

they might call it a dullvile but its a bloody good bike.
I would've bought one if it wasn't for the price!
I had a VT500 which is basicly the same engine.
24522715.jpg

Last edited:
What a pity . You unfortunate person. I suppose the good is that you had enough sense to stay with Honda and that counts for something.

it's all about what tickles your twine every time you swing your leg over the saddle. Glad you are getting something you enjoy. Do post a ride report and a comparison once you get around to it. :)

of course you can stick around ol chap.
we might have a had few unsavoury moments but being the MAN I am I don't hold grudge's.
wink_smile.gif

they might call it a dullvile but its a bloody good bike.
I would've bought one if it wasn't for the price!
I had a VT500 which is basicly the same engine.
24522715.jpg

Buncha old foggies 'round here. I toddled around on an '84 VT500 Ascot for a bit, prior to my CX500Turbo. Talk about a change of bikes, despite both being 500cc Honda Vtwins! lol

would be interested to know why you didnt stay with the NC as I also traded my Transalp 700 recently for the NC

They allowed me to stick around and I ended up Not buying any Honda, including the NC.:cool:
This is a nice forum. Almost like a bunch of real people who simply ride and enjoy a variety of two wheeled vehicles.
NC being of course the #1 choice...; But hey, we can't live on Beef alone. We need Pork and Chicken and Peas and...

I see no reason for you to leave the forum just because you won't have an NC anymore. There are people here who haven't owned one yet either. It's an open forum and at least you have owned on before and put quite a few miles on it before deciding to get a different bike. You've got enough seat time in on the NC to give much saught after feedback on NC related issues and what not. Glad you're getting the bike you really want and still want to stick around!

would be interested to know why you didnt stay with the NC as I also traded my Transalp 700 recently for the NC

The NC is/was my commuter bike used for a 75 mile round trip to/from work all year round. Before the NC I had used 3 Deauvilles for this job 2 X 650 and a 700. After just over 3 years on the 700 I decided rather than a 4th DV I fancied a change so bought a NC. However after 14693 miles many of which were in this long cold winter I decided that I really preferred the Deauville. I was going to keep the NC for a bit longer but then discovered my dealer only had one DV left in stock and there are going to be no more available so I have done a deal for it. Both bikes have their plus points those for the NC being 1) Purchase price 2) Fuel consumption and for the DV 1) Shaft drive 2) weather protection 3) comfort. At the age of 66 with a dodgy left knee and ankle the last 2 are very important to me

Judging by the number of years you've been riding (from pics you've posted), along with the number and variety of motorcycles you've had, you have lived -and are still living a life made more enjoyable by riding a motorcycle.

Enjoy that new ride!!

Last edited:
Congrats. I like that bike. My first bike was a 88 nt650 hawk gt. Same engine as that just yours is alittle bigger. Kinda wish I had some integrated bags right now lol.

You better stick around or I'll be really angry! Your posts are some of my favorites since I have enormous respect for anyone who has lived the motorcycle lifestyle you have. I'm jealous as can be of all the bikes you've owned, but still want you to stay, so don't even think of leaving and not coming back.

At the age of 66 with a dodgy left knee and ankle the last 2 are very important to me

is that it I would've thought dodgy character more like:p

Back