• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Good idea to check motorcycle for loose nuts

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Based on personal experience with my cars and motorcycles, I change the air filters about every 24,000 miles. Well, today I removed the top cover off the NC700X airbox, and the filter comes off with the top. I heard something rattling inside. I thinking maybe some hardware came loose? What could that be?

I unclipped the filter and peeked inside and there I find a dozen nuts (the tree kind). They could have been rattling around in there for as long as three years. A mouse is about the only local animal that could fit through the airbox intake. I'm glad it was food and not a big wad if nesting materials!

Add that to the maintenance schedule: Periodically check the motorcycle for loose nuts.

5A426736-ABAD-440F-9A7E-0A7FD31C434E.jpeg886CC971-7EA8-4486-AA7E-9F4D538703B0.jpeg

Last edited:
I was thinking when I initially read the topic that loose nuts shouldn't be a problem on an NC with that smooth motor. That is the stuff of elderley Brit bikes and the like. Might have known there would be a catch. :D

Back