• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Goldwing to NC750X

• Thread starter Deleted member 10242
  • Start date
Interesting, I'm currently on a 750X and I'm wanting to switch to a Gold Wing. I'm 6'4 and 33 years old. I find it incredibly uncomfortable to ride for longer than 30 minutes. I upgraded to a bigger wind screen and my head is still a foot over the screen. The 2022 Goldwing looks so plush and with an added backrest I could see myself doing really long trips on it. Right now on my 2020 NC750X my commute to work is 45 minutes and I always show up hurting and fatigued from the ride. How does your Gold wing fair on long jaunts, is the seat comfy?

Interesting, I'm currently on a 750X and I'm wanting to switch to a Gold Wing. I'm 6'4 and 33 years old. I find it incredibly uncomfortable to ride for longer than 30 minutes. I upgraded to a bigger wind screen and my head is still a foot over the screen. The 2022 Goldwing looks so plush and with an added backrest I could see myself doing really long trips on it. Right now on my 2020 NC750X my commute to work is 45 minutes and I always show up hurting and fatigued from the ride. How does your Gold wing fair on long jaunts, is the seat comfy?
My Goldwing is 20 years older than a 2022 model, but in 2019 I did a 9,000 mile trip to Alaska on it over a 3.5 week period without any real discomfort. I rode the last 3,400 miles in 6 days, again with no real discomfort. By
“real discomfort”, I mean I guess I would have felt the same as if I ridden in a car that long.

Last edited:
My Goldwing is 20 years older than a 2022 model, but I did a 9,000 mile trip to Alaska on it over a 3.5 week period without any real discomfort. I rode the last 3,400 miles in 6 days, again with no real discomfort. By
“real discomfort”, I mean I guess I would have felt the same as if I rode in a car that long.
That sounds great and says a lot about the longevity of the bike. 20 Years old and still doing 9,000 mile trips with no issues. That's Awesome!

If you’re after relaxing, low physical demand highway ridung, there is nothing better than a Goldwing.
I’m not blowing steam here; I owned one for 6 years.
If you are unhappy with the NC750 on the highway, test ride a ‘Wing, in particular a DCT model.
I can pretty much guarantee it will be nirvana for you.

That sounds great and says a lot about the longevity of the bike. 20 Years old and still doing 9,000 mile trips with no issues. That's Awesome!
Goldwing longevity is like modern cars. The engine is understressed, and they have shaft drive. Maintenance intervals are reasonably long, although the Wing requires more maintenance than an automobile.

Reliability is important. Being on the Top of the World Highway by yourself, you sure don’t want any problems.

Last edited:
I'm 6' 3" and I have a 24" Madstad windshield on my 2020 NC750X. I have a late model (2018) Gold Wing with a 24" F4 wide windshield. I find the NC750X to be just as comfortable at any speed that I cruise at (usually below 80 mph). I found the 'Wing to be boring to ride with a lame droning exhaust sound. If you want to run open highways at high speed with an experience similar to an automobile, the 'Wing is for you.

Well, I traded my 2018 Goldwing Non-Tour DCT in for a 2022 NC750X today. And yes, Goldwing is the more comfortable bike overall. Better wind protection and just overall more comfortable. However, for me, I find the NC more fun to ride given the places I tend to ride. I am not going on long cross country trips. My riding is pretty much local and the NC is more fun when hitting the twisties. I can see a bigger windscreen and foot pegs will be a must. Haven't decided about the seat yet but have a feeling that will work it's way up the list of things I need to do sooner rather than later. Luckily the dealer gave me a pretty good size check as part of my transaction so I got the new bike and a check as well. First time has happened to me.

I had a 10 Wing we’d bought new. It was my two-up or “long distance“. Lots of nice features but it was never my favorite and I always rode my second bike more (Couple of Tigers, a Super Tenere). At 70 I got tired of the whole “heavy motorcycle“ thing. Sold the Wing and my 18 Tiger 800XCX. A few months late I bought a very nice, clean low mileage 16 NC700 X DCT. Lowest powered bike I’ve had since ‘72 when I traded in a Suzuki T500 for a ‘Saki H2 750. I find the NC a nice well balanced “do it all” machine. My longest one day thus far was 400 miles (half in Rain). Little bike did well. It’ll do anything you need to do and “most” of what you might want to do. A light, simple bike is just easier to live with day to day.

I had a 10 Wing we’d bought new. It was my two-up or “long distance“. Lots of nice features but it was never my favorite and I always rode my second bike more (Couple of Tigers, a Super Tenere). At 70 I got tired of the whole “heavy motorcycle“ thing. Sold the Wing and my 18 Tiger 800XCX. A few months late I bought a very nice, clean low mileage 16 NC700 X DCT. Lowest powered bike I’ve had since ‘72 when I traded in a Suzuki T500 for a ‘Saki H2 750. I find the NC a nice well balanced “do it all” machine. My longest one day thus far was 400 miles (half in Rain). Little bike did well. It’ll do anything you need to do and “most” of what you might want to do. A light, simple bike is just easier to live with day to day.
The NC is a do-it-all bike except, in my opinion, for two up riding. I would be ashamed to even ask a passenger to sit back there. With nearly 60,000 miles on my NC, no one has ever even sat on it but me alone.

Last edited:
The NC is a do-it-all bike except, in my opinion, two up riding. I would be ashamed to even ask a passenger to sit back there. With nearly 60,000 miles on my NC, no one has ever even sat on it but me alone.
My wife tried the pillion once on my NC.
That was it!
She misses my Goldwing.
I don't LOL.

New bike is in the garage now (well, for about 10 more minutes then I am going out to enjoy a glorious day. Need a windshield quickly. Ride home from dealer on the highway made that obvious. Probably new foot pegs as well. Then I'll ride it a while before making any changes. Have a long list but no rush and want to get some riding under my belt before deciding what to do.

Attachments

• IMG-0389.JPG
    IMG-0389.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 8
Congrats, enjoy your ride, I'm about to do the same.
Went for my first extended ride (about 80 miles). Identified the first 2 things I need to replace. The windshield and the seat. On the highway I was getting a lot of buffeting. And after about 1/2 hour I knew the seat needed to go. I am starting that research now...

Went for my first extended ride (about 80 miles). Identified the first 2 things I need to replace. The windshield and the seat. On the highway I was getting a lot of buffeting. And after about 1/2 hour I knew the seat needed to go. I am starting that research now...
Unfortunately, Corbin is currently the only aftermarket replacement seat available at this time for the 2021+. Sargent seems to be dragging their feet, or not interested. Seat Concepts is an option, and others can share their experiences with them.

My seat is on it's way back from Laam Custom Seats and should be delivered tomorrow or Friday. I wanted some specific changes that I could only get with a custom build.

Unfortunately, Corbin is currently the only aftermarket replacement seat available at this time for the 2021+. Sargent seems to be dragging their feet, or not interested. Seat Concepts is an option, and others can share their experiences with them.

My seat is on it's way back from Laam Custom Seats and should be delivered tomorrow or Friday. I wanted some specific changes that I could only get with a custom build.
Hmm, took a look at Laam and might have to investigate. But since you have to send them your seat this might be a winter project as I don't want to have no seat (though I could put a piece of plywood there and it would feel about the same as the stock seat). Be sure to report back once you get your seat back on.

For pre ‘21, there were probably at least 10 choices for aftermarket seats (I tried 5 of them). Give it time and I‘d guess you’ll see more seat options for ‘21-‘22 NCX models.

Hmm, took a look at Laam and might have to investigate. But since you have to send them your seat this might be a winter project as I don't want to have no seat (though I could put a piece of plywood there and it would feel about the same as the stock seat). Be sure to report back once you get your seat back on.
LOL. You are correct about the plywood being more comfortable. I used a 'Squoosh' gel pad to get by until I could send my seat off to Laam. It helped a lot.

FYI, I called Laam in November to get a February build date.

LOL. You are correct about the plywood being more comfortable. I used a 'Squoosh' gel pad to get by until I could send my seat off to Laam. It helped a lot.

FYI, I called Laam in November to get a February build date.
Russell Day Long Saddles an option as well. I sent them an email and got a response in less than an hour: "That bike has the same seat as the NC700X. It would be considered the S-3 price code. I’ll update the website next time I log in to it." Heard good things about these seats from Goldwing owners (I was fine with that seat). https://day-long.com/

Russell Day Long Saddles an option as well. I sent them an email and got a response in less than an hour: "That bike has the same seat as the NC700X. It would be considered the S-3 price code. I’ll update the website next time I log in to it." Heard good things about these seats from Goldwing owners (I was fine with that seat). https://day-long.com/
I had a used (not built for me) RDL on my FJR before I got my NC. I bought it from someone on the FJR forum. It was a good seat. Due to the 2021+ NC's being different, no used aftermarket seats are available yet.

Seth Laam previously worked for Rick Mayer whose father (Bill) invented the RDL.

I probably would have gone with a Sargent if they offered something for the 2021+. I had emailed them and they responded they were interested in making something but they have yet to make one for the 2021+. Corbin has a seat but too many reviews of Corbin seats in general that are hard as a rock. For ~ $500 I am getting something built for me.

Back