• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Glacier National Park ride... :{)

Rapturee

Reaction score
Visit site
I will be headed to GNP this 3-day weekend. If you are in the area or care to come on over and ride a day or two you are most certainly welcome to! I will be in and out of cell service but i will be checking in as i can to see if anyone is in the area and would like to meet up for a visit or to ride a while. Otherwise, enjoy your weekend!! :{)

RV Parky | RV Parks & Campgrounds Directory, Reviews, Photos

Last edited:
I hope the road construction is done. When I was there a month ago, Going to the Sun Road was closed but I read it opened June 23. Enjoy your visit to the park!

I will be headed to GNP this 3-day weekend. If you are in the area or care to come on over and ride a day or two you are most certainly welcome to! I will be in and out of cell service but i will be checking in as i can to see if anyone is in the area and would like to meet up for a visit or to ride a while. Otherwise, enjoy your weekend!! :{)

I'm SO jealous.

well Dale... you know i would tempt you with PIE, however i know you have your heart set on the BDR ride and although that will not be as cool as GNP it will still be spectacular i'm sure! (next time).
:{)

Daughter number three, who's been out of work since March, was offered a good job today. Now I can go back to saving up for a trip and maybe a Himalayan. Thinking of doing a two day/one night test run to section two of the MADBR.

I went to Glacier National Park on my first Honda a '71 CB 500. 45 years ago -1974
img072.jpg

I ran out of gas twice on that trip, both times I had to go to reserve earlier than normal, I think because of strong winds cutting my mpg. The first time in Nebraska fortuitously right in front of a farm house where I was able to get enough gas to make it to the next town. The second time in Canada, ended up having to push the bike about a mile into town.

My Dad was a sheet metal worker and made me this holder for a Styrofoam ice chest, the other side I had a cheap canvas bag from K-Mart.
img140.jpg

That is so cool! My first time there was back in the late 90's, then again in about 09' and just again now. This last time was the first time i'd been through the entire park, we had always turned around at Logan's Pass and returned down the going ot the sun road missing all of the rest of the park, the east village etc. Super Cool to see all of the rest of it! :{)

I might put #3 daughter on the back of the wing and go that way in two weeks. Maybe I should look you up and stop and say high somewhere in Idaho... Been to Glacier a few times. last was back in 94. that time I went all the way up to Jasper too.

Hey NC-Guy, you bet! I attached a link for you to use. Feel free to use the app, rearrange your stops, locate places to stay/camp all on the fly. You can add or change stops on the fly, locate gas stations etc. If you have a different one you like, no prob. Once you hit the western part, i made a few suggestions and routed you through Cody Wyo so you can hit the Chief Joseph and Bear Tooth Hwys! They are incredibly scenic and IMHO are in the top 20 roads to ride in the nation! From there GNP, and then i routed you through some more scenic routes down to Enaville Id, then a short 30 mins interstate from there to my place where we can meet up for PIE, visit or a meal as your schedule allows.

Depending on your schedule and trip plans, from there i made a few more suggestions bringing you through more scenic roads down to Orofino Id where you will pick up the Lewis & Clark trail Hwy12. Once on Hwy12 you'll head east into Montana. Around the top of the pass-border you'll hit the Lolo Hot Springs which is a great place to take a break and relax in their hot spirngs. Then east/south from tere down through Salmon Id and wherever you would like after that. :{)

Depending on your schedule/plans i have more suggestions for you to ride on this half of the states haha.

Back