• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi vs Puig NC700X windshield comparison

JimbosToys

Reaction score
Visit site
Guys - I researched this and cannot find what I seek:
Does anybody have direct comparison of the effectiveness of these two windshields? Wind noise is my main criterion. And I prefer to NOT use an additional adjustable attachment on the top - they cost as much as the screen!
I know, many say I should get the Madstad, but just cannot bring myself to do it.
Thanks, Jimbo (fyi, I am 5'8")

I've been using givi a lot and puig a little. I'd choose puig. But now I'm using National Cycle N20009 :p

Most popular is probably Madstad, closely followed by national cycle..... There is a poll somewhere on here along with a bunch of windscreen choices

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I just bought the N20009 National Cycle and used it on a long trip. I'm happy with it for sure, and it definitely reduces noise. A bit cheaper than the Madstad as well, IIRC.

I just got a 2016 NC700X.
To me, the screen is useless.
Earlier aftermarkets won't fit.
If they did, the first I'd try would be an MRA Vario Touring Screen.
It has a built in spoiler on top. You'd look well over it.
The beauty of the spoiler is that it effectively raises the air flow by a couple inches without have the barndoor height...
Many here (below) liked the MRA... Some fitment issues though

MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield for Honda NC700X '12-'16 & NC750X '14-'15 | TwistedThrottle.com

Good luck with quest

the puig gave me terrible wind buffeting at highway speed, even with the spoiler on top, my opinion is that it's too narrow.

I bought an ermax +15 touring screen and love it. no spoiler required.

In the top position, the factory screen caused the wind to shake my helmet around like a ragdoll. Is that what "buffeting" means?
With the factory screen in the lower position, that feeling went away completely and the wind hit me in the chest, which is nice on hot summer days.
I switched to the Puig touring screen in the top position and I only get the helmet shake when I sit completely upright. I kind of slouch most of the time, so I feel like I'm behind a forcefield.
I still ordered a clip-on spoiler and I hope it creates even more dead air space, but can't say for sure.

I hope that small amount of personal experience helps somehow, but there's so many variables (torso height, riding postion, etc.) that I kind of doubt it did.

In the top position, the factory screen caused the wind to shake my helmet around like a ragdoll. Is that what "buffeting" means?

I experienced the same, the add-on spoiler cuts down on the helmet air, but I found you get a side-to-side shaking feeling from the wind hitting your shoulders off the sides of the windshield.

the puig gave me terrible wind buffeting at highway speed, even with the spoiler on top, my opinion is that it's too narrow.

I experienced the same, the add-on spoiler cuts down on the helmet air, but I found you get a side-to-side shaking feeling from the wind hitting your shoulders off the sides of the windshield.

I like the looks of your Ermax screen better than my Puig screen. I can see how that extra width at the top would help a lot.

I wish I'd seen it first, since I'm $122 in on the Puig screen and and another $107 in on the Puig spoiler. I guess ya live and learn...hope the OP learns from my mistake.

I first upgraded to a Puig screen.....was better than stock BUT ?????

Then I upgraded to Cee Bailey (got used off off of here) and makes a big difference. I also run a top spoiler too... and that helps as well. The only issue was on a trip last year 2 rubber nuts gave me issue...but as soon as I got home put on "Dale's nuts" ...no issues now !!

I looked at this screen but it doesn't say for what year bike it's for? How tall are you?

I know, many say I should get the Madstad, but just cannot bring myself to do it.
Thanks, Jimbo (fyi, I am 5'8")

Can't help you with the comparison because I've never ridden with a Givi windshield. But I do have the Puig with the clip-on visor, and I'm close to your height (5'7", 30 inch inseam). Windshields seem to be as person-specific as seats so I don't know how much this will help, but my experience is this:

The Puig alone was unbearable, even worse than the stock windshield. Wind was directed straight to my face making helmet noise unbearable. Had to wear ear plugs while waiting for the visor to arrive. After installing the visor it is much better. No ear plugs needed. But if there's a crosswind or I move my head an inch or two to either side I start feeling the wind again. It's too narrow. Wish I would have just gotten a Madstad initially (although I guess the Madstad hasn't worked for some folks too).

Too bad there isn't some place where one could try all these things out before buying.

I use a PUIG Touring windshield and it is A LOT better than the pathetic excuse of a windshield the NC came with. IMHO.
Having said that, I find it impossible to use the PUIG without ear plugs. It is simply too loud without them, even with my Schuberth S2 helmet which is supposedly one of the quietest out there.
As a size reference, I am 5'9" and 185# with 30" legs.

With the factory screen in the lower position, that feeling went away completely and the wind hit me in the chest, which is nice on hot summer days.
I switched to the Puig touring screen in the top position and I only get the helmet shake when I sit completely upright. I kind of slouch most of the time, so I feel like I'm behind a forcefield.
I still ordered a clip-on spoiler and I hope it creates even more dead air space, but can't say for sure.

I hope that small amount of personal experience helps somehow, but there's so many variables (torso height, riding postion, etc.) that I kind of doubt it did.

I added the MRA to the top of my Puig and it made a huge difference. Even in the pillion position, Pam reports that it is much better and she doesn't kill as manyy bugs. ;) Up front I found I can leave my Nolan 104 helmet in the open position at 100 kph, where I had to close it at 60 without the spoiler.

I added the MRA to the top of my Puig and it made a huge difference. Even in the pillion position, Pam reports that it is much better and she doesn't kill as manyy bugs. ;) Up front I found I can leave my Nolan 104 helmet in the open position at 100 kph, where I had to close it at 60 without the spoiler.
I have one on order, but they backordered it on me. Looking forward to it finally coming in.

Back