• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Information Givi D1146ST Windscreen Review

RF52

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just put the Givi D1146ST on my 2018 NC750X and thought I'd write a review on it for those wondering about that model. It costed $80.

They've cut the bottom shorter than the stock windscreen, allowing more air flow underneath it. This reduces air cavitating behind the screen, so less head buffeting. The stock screen had a snazzy vent cut in it for this reason, so it didn't need to be as low. Honda builds good stuff even in their tiny stock screen.

The Givi is 12" across at the top, providing a good wind block to the face, neck, and torso from direct hard wind, but allowing some to pass without the beating. In other words, it's still windy, it's just not direct.

The Givi does not provide any real shoulder protection that I could tell. The wind is quite noticeable.

I'm 5' 11" and the air flow hits me at about fore head height. It's not terrible, but there is some light head buffeting at 75mph. Again this is a win because there's wind without the beating and very little neck strain, no helmet lift, and higher speeds are not a fight to hang on at.

The Givi is 19" and the height comes to about chin level. It's advertised as being 4" taller than stock.

This one is a keeper in every way for me. The Givi provides a break from direct wind, comfortably, but no more. Perfect. On the other hand Madstad is entirely adjustable for those that need variability. Paying the $300 might be a better option than playing musical windscreens until you find out what you like, and it's certainly less time consuming.

. . . On the other hand Madstad is entirely adjustable for those that need variability. Paying the $300 might be a better option than playing musical windscreens until you find out what you like, and it's certainly less time consuming.
The problem with many windscreens is that they come in a one size fits all. A taller rider might actually get hit hard in the face with wind, helmet lift, or extreme buffeting, etc. A shorter rider might get buffeting at the back of the head at highway speeds as the air bubble drops down on the back of the helmet. If you had 1" shorter inseam and 1" taller torso (or visa-versa), but remained 5'11" tall you might be telling us all a different story.

It's good that you found one that works for you.

The advantage of the Madstad, despite the high price, is that you can dial it in for an exact fit. Different height screens for different height riders, plus angle adjustability to compensate for a shorter/taller torso. Of course on miserably hot days you can also lower it, change the angle, etc to allow more wind when riding city/suburban speeds too.

On the other hand Madstad is entirely adjustable for those that need variability. Paying the $300 might be a better option than playing musical windscreens until you find out what you like, and it's certainly less time consuming.
I added these between the cowl and my Ermax Sport windscreen. While not a fully adjustable Madstad, it helped me dial in the perfect height for my windscreen. I have a 2015 NC750X but I think you can find some similar products for the 2018. BTW, I did a screen capture of the eBay window because the link was way too long.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 11.01.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 11.01.00 PM.png
    404.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Those are excellent. I have a set that I'm returning tomorrow because they aren't needed, but if I was taller, I'd use them. They provide 2" of lift, as well as allow more air flow under the screen.

I am 6 foot and find my GIVI Windscreen to be perfect for me. As said no helmet buffeting even at high speeds. Just the right amount of protection. I can see over it easily.

It’s good to hear that Givi improved their windscreen over the old D1111ST original screen for the 2012-2015 models. They were sort of an enlarged version of the small Honda OEM screen, and were reported to put the windblast in your face.

I added these between the cowl and my Ermax Sport windscreen. While not a fully adjustable Madstad, it helped me dial in the perfect height for my windscreen. I have a 2015 NC750X but I think you can find some similar products for the 2018. BTW, I did a screen capture of the eBay window because the link was way too long.
Which windscreen are you using the lifts with?

It’s good to hear that Givi improved their windscreen over the old D1111ST original screen for the 2012-2015 models. They were sort of an enlarged version of the small Honda OEM screen, and were reported to put the windblast in your face.
Yup, just fitted one to my 2015 model, the wind noise is horrific above 80kph, slightly improved if I open the visor, does anyone know if the new model fits or can be adapted to older bikes? Or if the clip on visor helps

The problem with many windscreens is that they come in a one size fits all. A taller rider might actually get hit hard in the face with wind, helmet lift, or extreme buffeting, etc. A shorter rider might get buffeting at the back of the head at highway speeds as the air bubble drops down on the back of the helmet. If you had 1" shorter inseam and 1" taller torso (or visa-versa), but remained 5'11" tall you might be telling us all a different story.

It's good that you found one that works for you.

The advantage of the Madstad, despite the high price, is that you can dial it in for an exact fit. Different height screens for different height riders, plus angle adjustability to compensate for a shorter/taller torso. Of course on miserably hot days you can also lower it, change the angle, etc to allow more wind when riding city/suburban speeds too.
Installation looks like a pain in the butt though. I'm 6 1' just watched their install video--don't want to do that. 2020 apparently won't take a Givi D1192ST which is a goo height. Apparently the 2020 will only take the: All i want is a bolt on about 21-22" tall ! Any ideas??

GIVI D1146ST --​

I have a Givi D1192S / D1192ST Windscreen Honda NC750X 2021-2023 on my '24. It's what 5 CM taller.... I used the little adjusters that was listed above that gave me 2 extra inches. It may be worth a shot for you to try. I did remove the stock rubber mounts and went with nuts and bolts with rubber washers. The stock wanted to pull out and just didn't seem snug enough. I'm 5'9, but with 29/30" legs, so my torso it longer. Couple that windscreen with maybe a clip on windshield extender, if need be, and you could be ok.

I have a Givi D1192S / D1192ST Windscreen Honda NC750X 2021-2023 on my '24. It's what 5 CM taller.... I used the little adjusters that was listed above that gave me 2 extra inches. It may be worth a shot for you to try. I did remove the stock rubber mounts and went with nuts and bolts with rubber washers. The stock wanted to pull out and just didn't seem snug enough. I'm 5'9, but with 29/30" legs, so my torso it longer. Couple that windscreen with maybe a clip on windshield extender, if need be, and you could be ok.
Ya know the 2020 supposedly won't match the D1192. Actually ordered a madstad because of that but after watching install video, not thanks n canx. Will probably go with Puig 8910H which is 20.7 tall. Hopefully that shoots the air over my helmet. I want the DL1192 but an "ebay guy" sent me link to Givi and it was a no-go for a 2020. If you know something different holler at me as the one you mentioned is a bit over 21" I think and thanks.

I appoligize, I realize that I wrote that poorly. What I ment was that the 1192 is 5cm taller than the 1146 and that it may be worth a shot to try the 1146 with the windshield adjusters and possibly an extension to see if they meet your needs.

Back