• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi boxes for Honda NCX

Hi Tania
Sorry to put a damper. I just state my frank and honest opinion on this.
The NCX is more likely a commuter and a weekend-road-warrior type of moto. If one is to put all 3 boxes, it is kinda of an overkill, not to mention the weight on the poor little moto.

It is just my honest opinion.
:D
BTW, I've uploaded some more videos for you, just because you asked.

Hi there Happy!
Thanks for the new videos, I'm busy downloading them I have a lot of biking videos. I will post the you+tube links to new videos from the south! We are aware of the limitations of the NiXC, and do not anticipate buying the whole kit, just the rack. We like to travel as light as possible, but because of the fuel filler sitting under the passenger seat, a rack would do the job of tying down a small bag or a fit 30l Givi box. The original Honda items are seriously expensive in our currency, the Givi and SWMOTECH seems to be a good alternative. I see you joined the UK forum as well, a lot of info there, seeing they have all the kit already. Poor guys in USA and Canada are really loosing out here. Shame on Honda! I don't get it, is Honda seeing the USA market as an after thought? Go figure!

Hi Tania
Sorry to put a damper. I just state my frank and honest opinion on this.
The NCX is more likely a commuter and a weekend-road-warrior type of moto. If one is to put all 3 boxes, it is kinda of an overkill, not to mention the weight on the poor little moto.

It is just my honest opinion.
:D
BTW, I've uploaded some more videos for you, just because you asked.

Interesting! The bike is quite capable of taking two + luggage anywhere you want it to! Naturally you won't get there as quickly as on a 'traditional' touring bike, but remember it has plenty of torque - isn't the lightest of bikes, but wears its weight well, and produces more power than many 'touring' bikes of a few years ago - well it only seems a few years ago I toured with brother all around the coastline of Britain on a 1937 Francis Barnett Cruiser with a hand gear change - it didn't struggle, even on the highland goat tracks. Oh and the NC700 produces a similar power to my Vincent thousand Rapide that was one of the fastest road production bikes in the world at the time. So no excuses - if you want to tour over the continent, taking in Africa - the NC700X will do it just fine. Go on - try it!:rolleyes:

Hi RevKen
have to agree with you, although I will stick to travel as light as possible. Look up Ed Marsh, he did a trip with a C90 like you would not believe! So yes, you can load the bike with panniers and what not, it will do the job I'm sure! Why take the sink if you can use a tap at your destination?

I guess I'm the odd duck then. I want both side cases and top on mine when availible!
Mine is going to be set up the way my Goldwing is. Rain/heated clothing in the left side case.
Tools ect. in the right case. Helmet in the top case. Personal protection, paperwork in the glove box.

It may take 5 years to save enough money to buy them.

Ouch!
I thank God everyday I can, when I do not have to worry too much about this aspect in life.
It is not arrogance, but I know I am really blessed.
Take it easy, the bike and equipment will come to you soon.
(hopefully not really 5 years...)
:p

~Joe

It seems like it may take that long for Honda to get the accessories here. Heck the bike still isn't in the states!
If this bike does what I need, I will buy 2 more and set them up the same way.
I plan on taking my two boy's to the Arctic circle in about 8 years.
Of course we will go through the Redwood forest on the way.
This bike is part of a big plan that I have had for several years.

Last edited:
Hi Turbo The NCX looks dualpurpose, but it is really only 5-10% offroad capabilities...just FYI (and my own assessment). The tires are 17inch, so I am unsure if you can find a knobbie or enduro type of tires for Arctic circle tour. But a plan is a plan...way to go!

Thanks tanserf! This trip has been on my mind for years! Now I just have to wait eight more years for both boys to be old enough for the journey.
Heck by then I may have a DCT NCX or three.

Back