• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi A34 screen on S

Charlie

Reaction score
Visit site
Wanting more protection on my S I recently added a Givi A34 four-point-mounted screen. This screen is my favourite for naked bikes with a round headlight but it fits on an S without modification. I suspect that a Givi Airflow screen for naked bikes would also fit on an S without modification. I know that the Airflow would give excellent protection but the appearance doesn't appeal to me.

Those screen-top-deflector gadgets are another favourite of mine so I added one of those too. I like to use my own custom blade with these, cut from 4.5mm Polycarbonate sheet and curved by bending carefully over a radiant heater.

After many years mucking about with screens I know that on bike with the rider sitting upright the following recipe works perfectly if it can be achieved. Screen top level with the rider's nose tip and no more than 300mm from visor centre. The usual problem achieving those dimensions is not the height but on many bikes it's difficult to get the screen close enough. On my S the distance is 410mm but there is no way that can be improved on. Angling the adjustable top-deflector almost vertically still gives a very satisfactory result for me.

The screen-top-deflector mechanism has proven capable of carrying the larger blade at any speed this bike is capable of.

This is with the stock screen-top-deflector blade fitted. It works pretty well and in hot conditions gives an amazingly smooth airflow set horizontally! This gives helmet calmness much the same as on a completely naked bike but without torso pressure.

This is with my custom screen-top-deflector blade fitted. It works maybe too well in that in hot conditions helmet ventilation is reduced and I can ride with visor partly open.

This is an A34 on a Suzuki Inazuma. Here the bottom of the screen has been scribed over the headlight nacelle to allow the screen to be moved back closer to the rider. Again a larger custom top deflector blade but smaller than the one on my S. This time the distance from top to visor is just 310mm so the protection is excellent.

Back