• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Georgia, Tennessee & Alabama

b_rubenstein

Reaction score
Visit site
After all the work modifying the NC for sport touring, there was enough of a break in the weather last Friday for me to leave the FL Space Coast and get into Georgia. I made it to Dublin, GA the first day. Saturday I headed North to Dahlonega, Ga. Sunday I headed out on Rt 19 North and at the 19/60 fork, I took 60 N into the Chattahoochee National Forest, through Suches. 60 miles and very tight and twisty with something like a 3,000 ft elevation change. Since I started out a little after 9:00AM there wasn’t much traffic, because there are very few places to make a safe pass. After crossing into Tennessee the road turns into 68. I took that until it crossed Rt 74 and I took 74 W to Cleveland, Tn. 74 follows water where there's lots of white water rafting and traffic by the time I got there.
Spent the night in Chattanooga and took the Incline Railway up Lookout Mountain. Monday headed to Muscle Shoals, AL and went to the two Rick Hall recording studios known for the Muscle Shoals’ sound. The really fun one was the Muscle Shoals Music Studio. It has lots of original equipment and instruments, they let you take stills of anything you want and even play the instruments. So I, well had to try out the drum kit. The grand piano is known as the “Kodachrome Piano”, since it was used on the recording of Paul Simon’s Kodachrome and still kept in tune.
The last sightseeing stop was outside of Birmingham, Al at the Barber Motorsports Museum (That’s my bike, parked in motorcycle reserved parking area, in the intro shot). There are hundreds of motorcycle and dozens of cars. While there, I found a Yamaha that had incorrect information on its info card. I found someone who worked at the museum and told them what I found. So, someone came with me and I explained why the bike didn’t have the correct model information (It was supposed to be a RD350, which I once owned, and actually know something about.) The museum guy acted like maybe I did know something and said he would speak to one of the restores about it. I have no intention of going back to see if they fix the card. Came back home yesterday.

Traveled 1726 miles in 6 days. All went well. The only mechanical problem I had was the frunk gasket coming loose in places. I plan on doing some more of these trips while the weather is warm.

Sounds like a nice trip. I've been trying to talk my riding buddies into a trip to Barber this summer. I bet it alone was worth the trip.

BTW, I got kin folk down in Melbourne, Port St Lucie, and Stuart. I'm hoping to get down that way when it cools off a bit to visit them. I'll PM you, if I make it, maybe we can go for a ride while I'm down there.

The ride through the Chattahoochee National Forest was worth the trip. Barber was icing with a cherry on top.

Definitely PM me if you ever get down this way!

Back