• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Garmin Zumo XT install

jb882

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed a Garmin Zumo XT on my wifes bike today. I think it is going to work out great.

I ordered a Givi crossbar kit that bolts on behind the windshield and mounted the Garmin to that with bracket made by Motopumps. I have the same bracket setup on my Africa Twin. For the power wire I ran that from the Frunk area up the right side bodywork frame.

Here is some pics.

i-tHz2ndR-L.jpg

i-Z9FbFtq-L.jpg

i-Lqz828Z-L.jpg

i-SLtLG59-L.jpg

Last edited:
Will this bracket work if I have the madstad windshield? I am not very mechanical.
Any installation tips?

So I mounted it just left of center on the handlebar. I can adjust it so it is below the dash unit in my line of sight. I also bought one of those rubbery Ram mount tethers to go around the corners. The tab that keeps the zumo in place does not inspire confidence in me.
It is amazingly bright, easy to see even in full daylight.
I have been on three short rides and it has done well except for one turn near home where it tries to send me the wrong way. It knows where home is, so I don’t know why it wants me to go east instead of west there.

Back