• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

FYI: MADSTAD Adjustable Windshield System for the 2016 model

sumo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Apr 27 2016

At this time we are not offering a system for the 2016 model. We look at new projects beginning in the Fall season. With many requests for this bike, we do have it on our list. It is then a matter of having some R&D time with the bike.

Thank you for your inquiry and I will be sure to keep your email on file and update you if/when we move forward.

Best Regards,
Blair

Blair Hall
MadStad Engineering
(352)848-3646
Home - Madstad Engineering

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Windshield for 2016 Honda NC750X
Date: Sat, April 23, 2016 9:13 am
To: [email protected]

Hello,

I found this on your website MADSTAD Adjustable Windshield System for
the Honda NC700X (pre-2016 models)

Do you have plans for a MADSTAD Adjustable Windshield System for the 2016 model?

Thanks!

And if I was near them I'd consider being a prototype. Coming from a PCX150 with a large screen I do actually like the lesser coverage...

Except when it's raining!! On the way in to work this morning it started chuckin' it down, but not until after I passed the last station/ place I could stop to put on waterproofs. Thankfully my regular jacket has the waterproof liner so top half wasn't actually too bad. Knees & shins are just about dry now though, and that wouldn't be fixed anyway with a windshield! I contemplated putting my rain suit on before I left the house but decided I should be OK, I only have 13 miles. At mile 6 it started raining, at mile 9 the road was completely blocked due to an accident and I had to turn and take a detour adding another couple of miles. The rain suit is hi-viz, should have put it on if not for the rain for the increased visibility in the conditions that probably make cage drivers even more unaware of us (if that's possible). Also the PCX obviously offers additional protection to the lower extremities! Under nicer conditions I would have been grateful for the extra saddle time!

Why do most people want to go with a larger windshield on the NC? For my PCX it was for mpg and speed, I couldn't maintain > 55mph in some parts of my commute which was problematic, and I found that I got +5mpg or more with it. The wind in the chest with the NC isn't really an issue, and I can imagine it will actually be appreciated in the warmer temps. Only rain, at least so far, is a negative of not having a larger coverage area. Granted I've only got a couple hundred commuting miles on it and have only been > 70 a couple times (have to test these things out you know!), so not exactly the voice of experience!

And if I was near them I'd consider being a prototype. Coming from a PCX150 with a large screen I do actually like the lesser coverage...

Except when it's raining!! On the way in to work this morning it started chuckin' it down, but not until after I passed the last station/ place I could stop to put on waterproofs. Thankfully my regular jacket has the waterproof liner so top half wasn't actually too bad. Knees & shins are just about dry now though, and that wouldn't be fixed anyway with a windshield! I contemplated putting my rain suit on before I left the house but decided I should be OK, I only have 13 miles. At mile 6 it started raining, at mile 9 the road was completely blocked due to an accident and I had to turn and take a detour adding another couple of miles. The rain suit is hi-viz, should have put it on if not for the rain for the increased visibility in the conditions that probably make cage drivers even more unaware of us (if that's possible). Also the PCX obviously offers additional protection to the lower extremities! Under nicer conditions I would have been grateful for the extra saddle time!

Why do most people want to go with a larger windshield on the NC? For my PCX it was for mpg and speed, I couldn't maintain > 55mph in some parts of my commute which was problematic, and I found that I got +5mpg or more with it. The wind in the chest with the NC isn't really an issue, and I can imagine it will actually be appreciated in the warmer temps. Only rain, at least so far, is a negative of not having a larger coverage area. Granted I've only got a couple hundred commuting miles on it and have only been > 70 a couple times (have to test these things out you know!), so not exactly the voice of experience!
300 miles is not a long ride for me. A good windshield creates a bubble of relatively calm and quiet air and provides me the level of comfort I desire.

For commuting and short rides in moderate to warm temperatures, the stock screen or no screen is fine. For 500-600 mile days, which I do on occasion, the large screen reduces wind pressure, noise, and greatly reduces rider fatigue at the end of the day.

My NC is primarily for long distance rides, thus the tall screen is preferred.

The larger screen also extends the cold weather riding season down another 20*F.

Last edited:
I'll add that the Madstad system is adjustable across a wide range of height and rake and has removable winglets all of which allow use in different weather and temperatures. Height and rake can be changed w/o tools and while riding. It's expensive but the next best thing to an electrically adjustable screen.

I rode with a big screen and the stock screen. I preferred the bigger screen. Kept the noise down, I didn't get the wind pushing against my body and helped keep the rain off me. We get a lot of rain. Keeping the rain off of the helmet kept the fog off of the visor as well. All the little benefits that I didn't realize until I was without.

When I'm riding around town I drop it down and then it goes up for the interstate to cut down on the noise. With the Madstad and a good helmet I have very quiet ride now. Found that the Madstad also greatly reduced the wind push from big trucks.

Back