• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fuel Seat Mod

ScooTrader

Reaction score
Visit site
Since I have a 4000 mile trip coming up, and the dales seat rack is not available, I decided to modify an extra rear passenger seat to accommodate fuel fills easily while I have equipment attached to the back of the bike. Now my gear will be strapped easily to the handled and rear seat , Allowing me to fill up the tank and not unbuckle or remove anything. Yeah I know it’s kind of ghetto, but it will work.

Attachments

• B21F0B85-EA42-48DF-9D28-2E3D7E8731E2.jpeg
    B21F0B85-EA42-48DF-9D28-2E3D7E8731E2.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 153
  • 822481C7-50B9-4F6D-AD17-084BCB530BAD.jpeg
    822481C7-50B9-4F6D-AD17-084BCB530BAD.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 152
  • A211654C-D316-4697-8781-AFAA8A92523D.jpeg
    A211654C-D316-4697-8781-AFAA8A92523D.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 157
Ghetto,,,lol. Well, That'll work right??!! Get'r Done, i'd say you done got'r did!! Good job and i believe that'll do just nicely! :{)

Last edited:
Looks like it does the job and it looks much better than the hack job I did to mount a auxiliary fuel tank.

I have a Dale's Rack, and while I do love it, it makes for an uncomfortable spot on the VERY RARE occasion that I need to do a 2 up ride. In fact, when I'm going to do a 2 up ride I tend to grab my wife's bike since her rear seat was not replaced.

So that said, I like your mod.

I suppose a run to the local craft store could get you some sort of material & filler that you could use to make a 'plug' for the hole, perhaps held in place by a couple velcro dots, if riding around with the "hole" bothers you.

You may be able to find a computer desk grommet (plastic ring which allows cables to do down into the desk) about the same size and insert it into the hole...There are many different sizes.
Something like this:

Since I have a 4000 mile trip coming up, and the dales seat rack is not available, I decided to modify an extra rear passenger seat to accommodate fuel fills easily while I have equipment attached to the back of the bike. Now my gear will be strapped easily to the handled and rear seat , Allowing me to fill up the tank and not unbuckle or remove anything. Yeah I know it’s kind of ghetto, but it will work.

HA! as a guy who just finished Mickey-Mousing his front seat Mod for the umpteenth time, you won’t get any criticism from me! If it works - go for it! It’s something Honda shoulda-coulda done from the git-go! Nice job

I have a Dale's Rack, and while I do love it, it makes for an uncomfortable spot on the VERY RARE occasion that I need to do a 2 up ride.

Pillion had a great idea and just mentioned it to me two days ago. For me to reinstall my Dale's rear-seat rack to haul my tools/etc on and then when she rides along to just place the Air Cushion seat on top of it for her bum. It's worth a try! :{)

Nice job! Can someone bring me up to speed on exactly why the Dale rack is no longer available? Did he stop making them? Something happen to him?
I will likely need one as soon as I get my hands on a bike. (Deal pending)

Nice job! Can someone bring me up to speed on exactly why the Dale rack is no longer available? Did he stop making them? Something happen to him?
I will likely need one as soon as I get my hands on a bike. (Deal pending)
I got my Dale's rack about year and a half ago and probably was near the last of the members getting new racks from him. I believe he had posted that he made another batch of them a couple months after I got mine. Not sure how many he made at a time but I suspect they were reasonably small batches.

Near as I can tell Dale was a service manager (?) at a Honda dealership (or 2) and an experienced fabricator. He came up with the design for what we all affectionally refer to as the Dale's rack. Sometimes referred to as the HondaBikePro rack as he posted under the screen name of HondaBikePro. There was talk of retiring about a year or so ago but I believe he still made a few after I saw those posts. My guess is, and its only my guess, but I think he may have finally retired?

Perhaps someone else has some more current insight.

Pillion had a great idea and just mentioned it to me two days ago. For me to reinstall my Dale's rear-seat rack to haul my tools/etc on and then when she rides along to just place the Air Cushion seat on top of it for her bum. It's worth a try! :{)
Where can I buy the rear seat rack?

I wanted to use the pillion seat as a place to carry additional gear. Thought about building a rack, but then realized I had a second seat I sourced cheaply. Purchased a 3 inch pvc coupling and a 3 inch test plug at Home Depot. ($1.95 + $5.89). Cut a 3 1/4 in hole with a hole saw. Hot glued the fabric into the hole and hot glues the rim of the coupling into the seat. Wasn't really needed, but I figured it might keep water out. I'm pleased with the results.

Attachments

• NC SEAT 1.jpg
    NC SEAT 1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 48
  • NC SEAT 2.jpg
    NC SEAT 2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 49
  • NC SEAT 4.jpg
    NC SEAT 4.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 47
  • NC SEAT 3.jpg
    NC SEAT 3.jpg