• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fuel Economy Records

WMU_BRONCO

Reaction score
Visit site
I see some of the folks here have started keeping track of there fuel economy on fuelly.com

I have always kept track of my fuel economy. Not only is it nice to know, but it is real helpful in catching problems early. After you get a good baseline on your average MPG, and you see it begin to change when you have not changed your riding habits, it might tell to something is wrong......like maybe the air filter is getting plugged, or the spark plugs need to be changed, or maybe the gas you last bought contained more ethanol than usual, or maybe you have an injector problem. It really is smart to keep an accurate records.

I have done 2000+ miles and have kept a record. Please remember these figures will be in imperial gallons which are larger than US gallons
Best 84.2 mpg
Worst 71.3 mpg
Running Average77.32 mpg

It is only my second tank (first was prefilled by shop).
I remember it was 10.5L for 310km.
So here goes:
3.38L / 100km
29.5km / Litre
83.4 mpg (not sure US or UK mile)

I think it will get only better, but really I don't mind coz it is quite low consumption for all the fun.
:D

Back