• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Frunk; storage in the lid.

Rocketscience

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, my first post here. I've been looking all over the internet for some kind of bag that can be fitted into the lid. Would be nice to store papers in there. I've seen it in an Instagram post of a Japanese user, though he doesn't respond to my messages... That's why I'm trying here.

Here's a link to imgur:
https://i.imgur.com/SXPwq7n_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Hopefully someone can help me further.

Interesting. I have never seen that.

Hopefully someone else here can help you find it.

Looks like something you'd have to make yourself, interesting idea. The good thing about making it yourself (or having someone you it for you) is you get exactly what YOU want out of it

I thought of making a pocket there too. Perfect for a wallet, some papers and a pen. I haven’t found any ready-made solution yet though.

JT

He must have a small helmet to make that work. I went to the license bureau, when I was done there i Put my helmet on and put the folded registration papers in the frunk. At my next stop I put the helmet in the frunk and the lid wouldn't close all the way until I removed the folded registration papers. My helmet is a XL HJC modular helmet. If you'll look at his linked photo you'll see he has a 3/4 helmet in the frunk.

He must have a small helmet to make that work. I went to the license bureau, when I was done there i Put my helmet on and put the folded registration papers in the frunk. At my next stop I put the helmet in the frunk and the lid wouldn't close all the way until I removed the folded registration papers. My helmet is a XL HJC modular helmet. If you'll look at his linked photo you'll see he has a 3/4 helmet in the frunk.
I can't fit my helmet in the frunk anyway (XL scorpion, has two air scoops on the front and a small spoiler on the back) but having something to organize the small bits I carry around would be good
835532602cc7ddc700273aafa6eaa55b.jpg

I'm thinking of making my own pouch like this now after seeing it again, I think I would attach it with a strong Velcro

Okay, I think it's clear that this is custom made. As I live in The Netherlands I'll search for some local shop who'd like to help me.

Anyway thanks for your help, please do respond if you've got anything to show me :p

Last edited:
Follow up on this item received 2 months after order; it is a typical example of "you get what you pay for". Look and feels cheap. Installed under the frunk cover. Shape and fit is OK but will not hold much. Only good for very light items such as maps, pen, etc.

Follow up on this item received 2 months after order; it is a typical example of "you get what you pay for". Look and feels cheap. Installed under the frunk cover. Shape and fit is OK but will not hold much. Only good for very light items such as maps, pen, etc.
That’s too bad. I was hoping it was a solution. I’m looking for something to hold a wallet and glasses in addition to a pen and map.

JT

That’s too bad. I was hoping it was a solution. I’m looking for something to hold a wallet and glasses in addition to a pen and map.

JT

Hi, it's just a matter of coincidence that I'm visiting this forum again. I haven't visited since my last post. I did order the pouch that I posted the Amazon link of. Guessing from the images of the AliExpress copy, it's the same maker but without orange stitching though with weeks of shipping time.

I am happy with the pouch! What I store in the pouch is pretty simple, my international insurance card, accident form, wallet and when it's parked, my hearing protection. A map and pen could perfectly fit in it! Glasses and wallet should fit in the front netting of the pouch. I could post a picture as to how it looks, it would look the same as the picture I posted in my first post as question.

btw, if you are buying the pouch; I would recommend the fake carbon design. It looks better than the fake leather ones.

Why even bother waiting when I can show the pictures now. The imgur post is marked as 18+ apparently, I can assure you it shouldn't be.

Just to be clear, glasses and wallet will fit just fine. 10USD for the thing is really worth the money. The Amazon waiting time of under a workweek kept my spirit high about this product.

The alternative to not buying the pouch is just having an unusable and empty top-hatch. I couldn't find any other similar products other than the Amazon thing.

Why even bother waiting when I can show the pictures now. The imgur post is marked as 18+ apparently, I can assure you it shouldn't be.

Just to be clear, glasses and wallet will fit just fine. 10USD for the thing is really worth the money. The Amazon waiting time of under a workweek kept my spirit high about this product.

The alternative to not buying the pouch is just having an unusable and empty top-hatch. I couldn't find any other similar products other than the Amazon thing.
Did you have to create a new account on amazon.jp or did your normal account work for you?
I’m in the USA and the Japan site didn’t recognize my login from the USA amazon.
I’m very interested in this storage pocket.

JT

I think it was a new account, that wasn't nice to see. I shipped it to the Netherlands without a problem, the address details are more 'international' but my package arrived without a problem.

Back