• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Frunk key my mod

Therapy

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks to all on the other thread with the frunk key advice.

I used the GoldWing radio knob.

I just cut the key, drilled a small hole in it, heated it and melted it into the center hub. I then filled in the small center hub with J B Weld (kwik).

A little proud but will work fine I think.

Attachments

• Frunk key1.JPG
    Frunk key1.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 542
  • Frunk key2.JPG
    Frunk key2.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 567
  • Frunk key3.JPG
    Frunk key3.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 570
  • Frunk key4.JPG
    Frunk key4.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 513
  • Frunk key5.JPG
    Frunk key5.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 545
  • Frunk key6.JPG
    Frunk key6.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 661
Gonna be a little hard to use the radio on the 'Wing now, eh? :confused:;)

It looks good!

Last edited:
We don't have the security transponder fob in our keys here in the US. Our keys are just basic keys, and yes, here in the states, the key could be used to start the bike. I know some people who have made this mod on this site has shortened the key somehow or got a shorter key, which opens the frunk/gas lock but not long enough for the ignition switch.

so you leave it there all the time? couldn't someone steal your bike?

We don't have the security transponder fob in our keys here in the US. Our keys are just basic keys, and yes, here in the states, the key could be used to start the bike. I know some people who have made this mod on this site has shortened the key somehow or got a shorter key, which opens the frunk/gas lock but not long enough for the ignition switch.

From what I have gathered, here is how it works.

In the US there is no chip in the key. It is just a regular piece of cut metal.
The key is a long one.
When inserted into the ignition it goes in a long way. It must bottom to engage and turn.
When inserted into the frunk it goes in a short way. It must also bottom to engage and turn.
When the key is cut off to be put into the knob it is shortened.
The shortened key on the knob will bottom in the frunk and turn.
The shortened key on the knob will not bottom in the ignition so will not engage and not turn.
You get to keep your bike.

Plus the public does not know the tank is fake. Most, I think, will not look closely enough nor figure out the embossed trunk and gas symbols on the frunk.
I plan to put the frunk key in the frunk with my helmet when I leave the bike. I get to keep my bike.

Great job, I think the goldwing knob is the best for the job.

I didn't manage to get one but used the end of a cheap rubber mini torch which I am still very pleased with.

13d38195e7e7156455d0cb50acfa225f_zps8bab228b.jpg

Back