• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Front Trunk Issues

richRAD

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone having an issue with the weather strip/liner in the front trunk? While my helmet does fit, and the trunk closes, the edges of the helmet sometimes catch on the strip, and dislodge it from the rim of the trunk. Now, over time, my trunk doesn't want to close correctly unless I fuss with the liner, and sometimes even have to give the trunk a whack near the latch to get it to secure correctly.

I was thinking of using an epoxy of some sort to secure the strip back in, but wondered if anyone else has run into this?

asdf.jpg

As it's simply a pressed-on seal, snagging an edge isn't all that uncommon. Gluing it down shouldn't be an issue as long as the adhesive you use is safe to apply to a plastic surface. Some epoxy will soften and dissolve plastics.

I would be more inclined to use a non hardening contact adhesive that can be repaired again if necessary without damaging the rubber.

I tried multiple adhesives to no avail on mine. Finally used superglue...which I'm sure will I'll regret later but it's held so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't even looked at the seal. Might check mine out. Seems several peoples are coming free.

+1 on 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive. You can get it at any auto parts store. Comes in black or yellow. We used to call the yellow version gorilla snot. Most all of the auto manufacturers use it (GM, Ford, Honda, Toyota, VW, etc).

I'll try this 3M weatherstrip adhesive. Looks like it could be useful for other projects in order to justify the cost. I'll report back later with pictures etc.

I had the same problem and fixed it a few weeks ago. I pulled the entire rubber strip out, poured rubber cement in the groove, and jammed the rubber strip back in. So far (2 weeks later) it is holding just fine, although my frunk now smells like rubber cement...

i used good quality vinyl electrical tape and put it over the weather stripping after putting up with that for a long time. 'wished I hadn't waited so long.

Back