• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Front Fender Extender

Anyone that has installed a front fender extender, did you have to drill holes, if so did you have to take front wheel off?
Thanks Jim
I have about 10,000 miles with an extender fastened strictly with a 2-part epoxy. Initially I was a bit worried and would check regularly, now I look for signs of release each time(-ish) I wash the bike. It is still rock solid.
Strictly my experience, but I didn't want to rivet...

I have the Pyramid plastics version on mine. I did drill holes to fit it, but I didn't need to remove the front wheel. You can remove the front fender very easily without doing so.

I drilled holes. #noRegrets. Someone on this forum posted a video of a guy crashing his GS in the middle of nowhere because his front fender (it was the whole fender, not an extender) came off and got sucked under his wheel. Not fun.

I think 2-part epoxy is probably strong enough by itself, but definitely not just the sticky pads provided in the kit.

If you do go the glue/epoxy-only route, make sure the inside of the fender is EXCEPTIONALLY clean before adhering. This isn't always trivial as it collects a lot of spray and muck under there.

I used contractors adhesive it’s extremely sticky and also flexible. I think standard epoxy is maybe too rigid for the flex of the plastic bits.

I bolted my Fenda Extenda on, and also used the foam tape. And, as seen in my often posted mudder photo, even the mud didn’t rip the extender off.

Knowing me, I probably removed both the wheel and the fender to install the Fenda Extenda.

Attachments

• E820D50C-BB06-460D-B877-47EB78E85260.jpeg
    E820D50C-BB06-460D-B877-47EB78E85260.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 36
Back