• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

front brakeline too tight with Rox Risers w/ABS

mtiberio

Reaction score
gjm.site90.com
I don't know what it would be like without ABS, but on my ABS bike, the front brake line wraps in front of the upper triple clamp, and then disapears under the frunk. If you install Rox Risers, you may notice that the brake line is tight when you turn the bars to full left lock. Un-sat in my book. I decided to route the line behind the upper triple clamp. To do this I loosened all the tripleclamp bolts, and dropped the forks so there was a gap above the fork cap below the upper triple clamp. Snaked the hose through this gap and then buttoned it back up. I also didn't like how after this, the line crossed the throttle cables, so I removed the mirror, and pulled the master cylinder, and then threaded it inside the throttle cable for a cleaner run.

IMG_1820.jpg

Nice "thinking outside the box"!
I thought the brake line was too tight on my dct with the 2" rox risers. I took the ez path, sold the risers and went with a $39 set from cycle gear. They came with spacers and varied length bolts. Works for me!

I found it easier to just move the reservoir inboard a little bit. No problems after a year. But whatever works!

Honda use a glue where the brake line passes through grommets. If you carefully (after removing the grommet bracket) peel the grommet from the brake line, the play in the brake line will increase as it can move - it helps to lubricate the outside of the rubber brake line. I have done this loads of times with Japanese bikes with no problems.

Honda use a glue where the brake line passes through grommets. If you carefully (after removing the grommet bracket) peel the grommet from the brake line, the play in the brake line will increase as it can move - it helps to lubricate the outside of the rubber brake line. I have done this loads of times with Japanese bikes with no problems.

Mine was overmolded (non-ABS model) pretty extensively and this was not possible. I exchanged it for a longer stainless braided hose.

I've just taken this same approach with my DCT using Rox 2" risers and now have plenty of cable / tubing length to easily adjust the bars to a comfortable position.

I also moved the brake hose to be behind the throttle cables using the "remove mirror and snake it between the cables and the handlebar" approach.

Additional plus: my Barkbusters no longer hit my Madstad 22" at full lock.

Back