• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

From 1800 to 700cc's and don't miss any of them

Nope. Maybe 6000. I would expect needing an adjustment with the stock or other typical chain. Some premium chains would probably make it to 8000. In any case, I would have the tools needed to remove a wheel whether chain drive or not.
Well it goes back to my original point, which is that the Goldwing goes the 8000 miles with no final drive attention, and for me anyway, no tire replacement.

Well it goes back to my original point, which is that the Goldwing goes the 8000 miles with no final drive attention, and for me anyway, no tire replacement.
I suppose I could get high tire mileage on my bikes. I would have to reduce the level of braking entering curves and I would have to limit the application of throttle on curve exits. Obviously the speed between curves would go down too. I think I would have more fun in Alaska on my NC than my Wing. The DCT Gold Wing makes big torque, has huge brakes, is heavy, and can really eat up tires in a hurry.

I've put 16k and 18k miles on my last two sets of Michelin Road 5s
On my ‘12 & ‘15 NCs I favored Metzeler Z8s and Bridgestone T30s neither of which were high mileage tires but I liked their handling. Then I tried Michelin Pilot Road 3s but really disliked the handling and took them off at 8000 miles. The rear had a lot of miles left in it but I couldn’t stand them any longer. The handling soured me on Michelins but when I bought the RT it had Road 5s already on it and the handling and symmetry of wear was to my liking so I left them on and that set went over 10,000 miles on the front and 12,000 on the rear. The second set went over 10,000 front again and 13,000 rear. This tire has turned my sour opinion of Michelin upside down. The NC I just bought has about 1000 miles on a set of Pilot Road 4s. I’ve ridden it less than 50 miles and the jury is out. I’m sure they will deliver high miles but if the handling and weird wear patterns are like the previous 2s and 3s I’ll pitch them.

That's more like what I would expect. My only complaint about any of my Michelins was loud road noise from the front, but it's no big deal if you know it's coming. I'm sure after the stock Dunlops wear out in a couple of months, one of the Michelin models to find it's way onto my rims

That's more like what I would expect. My only complaint about any of my Michelins was loud road noise from the front, but it's no big deal if you know it's coming. I'm sure after the stock Dunlops wear out in a couple of months, one of the Michelin models to find it's way onto my rims
I kind of enjoy the noise. It means they're working

Back