• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Found plug!!!

keitharvd

Reaction score
Visit site
Found a switched power plug on the right side next to the headlight, has what looks like a cap but actually is the other side of the plug. You do need the pin inserts to wire it. 2014 nc700x standard. Good use would be for a GPS or power point for a cell phone.
picture.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like it is connected to the OEM ACC relay.
Does it register power without it?

Is it the connection for the plug which, when connected to the workshop dealers computer, it analyses problems/uprates the ECU etc?

No. This is described in the service manual as OPTION B 2P connector.
The more familiar OPTION A 6P connector is where most of the OEM accessory is supposed to be connected.
This is the first time anyone has found this obscure 2P connector.
My question is still not answered. "Does it power up without the relay?"
Could this be somehow related to the high beam/fog light toggle?

EDIT: To answer my own question, I found out that it is indeed connected to the accessory relay.
Goes hot only if you have the relay and fuse added to the fuse block.

I wired my TomTom Rider to this front location- seemed like a waste to leave it unused.

Last edited:
Cool discovery. I'm no electrician so I'm not sure what you mean by relay. Need to do some reading to understand what you are talking about because I would like to set it up as a USB charging port if possible.

A relay is an electromechanical device that allows you to turn power off/on to accessories without having to worry about overloading existing circuits. Relays have four prongs. Two are for a coil that, when energized, opens and closes a set of contacts able to carry high amperage. The other two are connected to those contacts and are used for sending power to your accessory. Take upgraded horns, for example. An upgraded horn will pull more amps than the stock horn circuit is designed for. The relay coil uses very little power. So, unplug your existing horn wire and run it to one of the coil prongs on the relay. Run a wire from the other coil prong to ground. Now, when you press your horn button, instead of sending power to your horn, you're sending power (energizing) to the coil on the relay. This tells the relay contacts to close. So, take a wire straight from your battery to one prong on the relay contacts. The second prong from the relay contacts goes to the new horn. These wires will be a heavier gauge than the existing horn wires, and be able to carry the higher amperage of the new horn. Now you have power from your battery to the relay. Press the horn button which energizes the coil and closes the contacts. Power flows from the battery, through the closed relay contacts, to the new horn. HOOONK! No blown fuses. No burned wires.

I wired my TomTom Rider to this front location- seemed like a waste to leave it unused.

I bought TomTom Rider and my plan is to use this plug to also connect GPS. Could you please share how did you wire TomTom to this connector? Are there male/female connectors that I can buy? Or did you solder the wires from the GPS to the Honda wires? Thanks in advance for the tips!

I bought TomTom Rider and my plan is to use this plug to also connect GPS. Could you please share how did you wire TomTom to this connector? Are there male/female connectors that I can buy? Or did you solder the wires from the GPS to the Honda wires? Thanks in advance for the tips!
For a dedicated single use connection (GPS) I just cut and weld wires. Wasted too much time matching OE connectors.
In the case of mounting a GPS (TomTom Rider), I attached a 12V cigarette plug (male) to the provided wiring that came with unit and
use the BlueSea Systems (weather proof) accessory socket. This way my TomTom wiring mount (hard to find on older models) is portable.
Amazon.com: Blue Sea Systems 12 Volt Plug with Dash Socket: Sports & Outdoors

Last edited:
I would call that on the left side (AKA clutch lever side) of the bike, and wouldn't that make it just one of the OEM power plugs that is available with the optional kit? Just taped up there in that location by either the previous owner or the dealer.

This would presume the bike was purchased pre-owned by keitharvd of course. If not, it is a happily awesome mystery find alright!

My 2016 also has this connector. It is indeed energized once the relay and fuse are added to the fusebox. I didn't test whether it also needed the aux harness (which I also installed) but I doubt it.

Back