• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fork gaiters

There are no pipe clamps. The fork protectors are all one piece. You use the supplied nut and bolts to secure them to your lower fork. Nothing else to purchase. Very simple and easy to install.
Try it, you'll like it!

His post (#22 - http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/5252-fork-gaiters-3.html#post78829) mentioned pipe clamps -- that was throwing me off as it wasn't clear to me in the picture. But anyway, my Triumph fork protectors are coming this weekend so all is good! I made some temporary protectors (shown here Temporary Fork Protectors, V2.0 - Honda NC700 Photo Gallery) but they won't last long.

His post (#22 - http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/5252-fork-gaiters-3.html#post78829) mentioned pipe clamps -- that was throwing me off as it wasn't clear to me in the picture. But anyway, my Triumph fork protectors are coming this weekend so all is good! I made some temporary protectors (shown here Temporary Fork Protectors, V2.0 - Honda NC700 Photo Gallery) but they won't last long.

He made those out of coffee cans and secured them with pipe clamps. That's why it is mentioned. He did not buy the protectors. He made them. I think they are just standard automotive hose clamps.

There are no pipe clamps. The fork protectors are all one piece. You use the supplied nut and bolts to secure them to your lower fork. Nothing else to purchase. Very simple and easy to install.
Try it, you'll like it!

I wrote the same reply yesterday about the Triumph gaitors before I realized that he was referring to a way earlier post about some homemade ones and then deleted my reply.

I wrote the same reply yesterday about the Triumph gaitors before I realized that he was referring to a way earlier post about some homemade ones and then deleted my reply.

I was replying to questions on a seat thread the other day and finally realized after three posts they were referring to a pad and not a completel seat. Oh stupid me. It happens.

Thank you for the information on the Triumph plastic guard/fork protectors. Just ordered mine.

yqagu9y2.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1393691103282.jpg
I did finally take them off and spray paint them. Looks better. Sorry for not replying, but they are just standard hose clamps with an adjuster screw. I don't remember what length.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Not sure if it was something I did wrong but the Triumph Boots only lasted 1.5 years.... The rubber is starting to deteriorate. :-(
I loved the way they looked... just don't feel like pulling the forks again. Probably time to get the ghetto toolbox out.

IMG_20150909_154926.jpg

I fitted the fork protectors some time back on my 700x. about a week ago i noticed that my forks are starting to leak, is this a common fault.
Although my bike is now 3 years old it has only done 6500 km and is garage kept

I fitted the fork protectors some time back on my 700x. about a week ago i noticed that my forks are starting to leak, is this a common fault.
Although my bike is now 3 years old it has only done 6500 km and is garage kept

There's a product called Seal Saver that is basically just a thin piece of plastic that you press into the seal and rotate to clear and debris that may be causing the leak. I've used it in off-road bikes with great success, but never had to in a road bike yet. Since your mileage is low I'm betting it would work for you.

Not sure if it was something I did wrong but the Triumph Boots only lasted 1.5 years.... The rubber is starting to deteriorate. :-(
I loved the way they looked... just don't feel like pulling the forks again. Probably time to get the ghetto toolbox out.

View attachment 29301
It's possible that you mounted the rubber Triumph fork boots without enough slack to accommodate the total travel distance of the inner fork travels during extension. And this caused the boots to stretch and tear when your fork was extended.
I have the plastic Triumph fork protectors and this product seems to age and weather without problems.
I know the hassle of mounting rubber fork boots, I mounted them on my DL1000 and DL650. Like the looks but not the labor. Plus the rubber gaiters seem to retain moisture inside the boot.

Back