• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fork gaiters

Homemade fork gaiters

I thought I posted this when I did it, but I made some protectors using simple pipe clamps (I forget what size they were, but the length worked perfectly) and plastic coffee cans. They are a couple of inches tall and wrap around just a little bit, but I could have easily made them bigger. I only regret not painting the plastic. Originally it matched the bike well, but they faded and I'm too lazy to take them off now.

Attachments

• IMG_20140117_090238.jpg
    IMG_20140117_090238.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,198
I thought I posted this when I did it, but I made some protectors using simple pipe clamps (I forget what size they were, but the length worked perfectly) and plastic coffee cans. They are a couple of inches tall and wrap around just a little bit, but I could have easily made them bigger. I only regret not painting the plastic. Originally it matched the bike well, but they faded and I'm too lazy to take them off now.

Not a bad idea. Seems plasti-dip would work well for that. Whenever you get to it.

Wow - those are nice. Just ordered a set. :cool:

Triumph Gaitor Kit P/N A9638018 ~ $45

View attachment 11109

I put a set of these on last night. If you have any mechanical ability and a decent set of metric tools, this is a fun project. I did have to fashion a tool form a metric allen wrench for the upper clamps so I could get the 1/4" torque wrench to fit in there without removing the fairing. I cut about a 1/2" section of the appropriate allen wrench off the handle then super glued the allen wrench piece into a 1/4" socket. Then the small torque wrench fit into the top fork tube clamps easily without havein to remove the fairing.

Another tip - put gaiters on one side at a time to you can use the axle in place to stabalize things as you clamp it up.

Easy peasy - and it gives you a chance to clean up those tubes while they are out.
boots1.jpg
boots2.jpg

Still waiting for the kit I ordered last week. Hopefully it arrrives before the weekend so I can do the quick install.

Man you bike is clean Jeff. You guys make me fell like I neglect my bike.

I put a set of these on last night. If you have any mechanical ability and a decent set of metric tools, this is a fun project. I did have to fashion a tool form a metric allen wrench for the upper clamps so I could get the 1/4" torque wrench to fit in there without removing the fairing. I cut about a 1/2" section of the appropriate allen wrench off the handle then super glued the allen wrench piece into a 1/4" socket. Then the small torque wrench fit into the top fork tube clamps easily without havein to remove the fairing.

Another tip - put gaiters on one side at a time to you can use the axle in place to stabalize things as you clamp it up.

Easy peasy - and it gives you a chance to clean up those tubes while they are out.
View attachment 11207
View attachment 11208

They look great!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

These are mine, I like the Triumph ones maybe when these are wore out. i had these on on another bike, there old.

NC700X  1 003.jpg

that works....the rubber ones are easy to slide up and clean under if that concerns anyone. The fabric ones are certainly easier to deal with.

Finally installed mine the other day. These will take care of what I'm worried about. I get stuck behind a lot of semi trucks. If we go a while without rain the roads start to collect debris. These should keep the area directly above the seals safe. They installed in 5 minutes.

Thanks to whomever posted the link.

20140207_053130.jpg

20140209_155658.jpg

20140209_155709.jpg

jeremysilas,

Forgive my ignorance... I can't quite see what you used... Pipe clamps? -- the half circle type? Shaped kind of like this? ..^..

Or did you use/fab something from ABS/PVC?

jeremysilas,
Forgive my ignorance... I can't quite see what you used... Pipe clamps? -- the half circle type? Shaped kind of like this? ..^..
Or did you use/fab something from ABS/PVC?
There are no pipe clamps. The fork protectors are all one piece. You use the supplied nut and bolts to secure them to your lower fork. Nothing else to purchase. Very simple and easy to install.
Try it, you'll like it!

Back