FOR SALE: Puig Touring Windscreen for NC700X 12-15 WITH HONDAPRO NUT PLATES

SleepyC

Reaction score
***SOLD****: Puig Touring Windscreen for NC700X 12-15 WITH HONDAPRO NUT PLATES

FOR SALE: Puig Touring Windscreen (Light Smoke) for NC700X 12-15 WITH HONDAPRO NUT PLATES

Hey guys, I love this screen. With the "Ebay special" Lip on the top it worked a charm for me. (I'm 5'10" 215) and I had no buffeting on a clear road.

I got a GPS and I wanted a more "BWM" style mount to keep it up in front of my eyes, so I bought a different windscreen that had a bolt on bar to support the screen and my GPS. SO.. this guy is for sale. It's seen about 4000 miles but honestly has no noticeable scratches or dings. I had an ADV sticker on the lower part but it even came off with no issues...

I'll do both the Screen and the Nut plates AND TEH EBAy LIP for $120 Shipped in the Cont. US.

Here it is installed on my bike:
20170704_121811.jpg
20170607_074332.jpg

And here it is ready to ship.
(I'll use the packaging from the new screen to ship this one!)
Full Shield.jpg

It's a PUIG!
puig name.jpg

Honda Pro Nut Plates. (I highly recommend running these with a larger windscreen, and so, the hard work is done! You get them!)
Nut Plates.jpg

Ok thanks!

Last edited:

SleepyC

Reaction score
Just a reminded, the screen was $130 and the nut plates were around $30 with shipping,
So your saving $45-50.

SleepyC

Reaction score
OK.. I'll include the "eBay lip" seen in the pic of my bike above in the package as well.
My new screen is too tall to use it!
This...

lip.jpg

SleepyC

Reaction score
SleepyC, what GPS did you get?
Just an old Garmin 1490 something I bought for $25 and then I waterproofed it. (Videos on youtube how to do it). Basically carefully put boat grade silicone around the edge of the screen and power inlet.
It works great. I also added a $5 Ebay "sun shield to it" it's seriously nice. The National Screen has a mounting bar/cage that holds the windscreen and holds the GPS perfectly. I'll take a pic at lunch.

SleepyC

Reaction score
So first off, the Puig is sold. Thanks NC forums!
Staying in the family.

Second, I miss my Puig already.

Yes, the new screen has my GPS mount sorted and it looks great...
20170913_132016.jpg20170913_132022.jpg

But after a ride to work and home I can hardly ride my bike. The buffeting around my head was so bad I got a headache.
:(

SO, looks like I'll have to spring for an Xcreen lip that mounts low.. as the shield is right below my eyeliner...
And so the "buffeting" game begins...

I got lucky with the Puig and the lip.. it was so nice... Oh well.
I wanted that darn GPS mount....

:D

flyinfree.00

Reaction score
I wouldn't have given up comfort for a GPS mount.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

SleepyC

Reaction score
I wouldn't have given up comfort for a GPS mount.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Well I didn't think it would! From all accounts (or most) the National screen is a very good choice.
I bit the dog and ordered an X-Creen touring lip... (basically ate the funds from my sale.. so my plan failed but I'm still at a Zero game (sort of).
Give me 4 days and I'll report back...

greenboy

Reaction score
Only time I feel any helmet buffeting is when the prevailing winds are hard and my visor is all the way up. The visor is what's catching/funneling wind, so when it's like that I just move my visor down a bit. Since I got the VStream I haven't had to clean bugs off my visor or my sunglasses, don't notice crosswinds as much -- and without so much wind noise I hear tires, muffler, engine and chain better without that ever being intrusive.

Hollaway21

Reaction score
I'm glad you ended up getting the x-screen, assuming it fixes your problem. Look forward to hearing.