• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

footpeg recommendations

16DCT

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking to replace the stock footpegs on my NC700XD with something slightly lower and forward from the stock position to relieve some stress on my knees on longer rides. Are there any aftermarket foot pegs that are recommended for this?

I'm also looking to attach some highway pegs that would attach to my GIVI crash bars.

Last edited:
I find Pivot Pegs are the best. They are wide and rock with the movement of your foot, either on the brake or the gear lever, the latter not required on a DCT.

I ordered the MFW Vario pegs for my NC track bike in order to get them higher for more cornering clearance....BUT......the Vario arm mount has 360 degree adjustment notches, so it can be set lower, forward, backward, etc. I ordered the peg set with 30mm arms (just over an inch). Think they had one that was a little longer than that, but I wouldn't adjust much more than that because you really can't adjust your rear brake lever. These pegs came from Germany and had a long lead time at supplier, so it took a couple months to receive, but worth it for my application.

What I would suggest in your application is highway pegs. I'm not sure how your engine guards are, but I am a left leg below knee amputee and cannot bend that knee past 90 degrees, and I am long legged. So, on both my DCT NC's, I have a Kuryakyn offset highway peg with 1.35" clasp mounted on the frame rail to accommodate my leg. For longer rides, highway pegs will certainly provide the relief you need....highly doubt slightly modifying your standard pegs will provide enough relief to matter.

I have the narrow Knight Design pegs.

Footpegs-Silver-1-Sidetrax-tread-view-600h.jpg

I have the Knight Design wide drop pegs.
Expensive, but well worth it for me.

I also bought the Knight Design pegs & love them. Ordered on Monday, received them on Thursday. Mine have the rubber mounted pads on top. Was told they were made from recycled tires.

I have ordered these rotatable pegs from amazon. There are reviews from nc700 and 750 owners that say they do the trick and they are of good quality. I will know more when I get them but for 1/4 of the cost of some of the other options out there I figured I would give them a try.
adjustable footpegs $66
Cool, can you post a picture once mounted? I'd like to see how they sit relative to the rear brake. Thanks

I also bought the Knight Design pegs & love them. Ordered on Monday, received them on Thursday. Mine have the rubber mounted pads on top. Was told they were made from recycled tires.
I am curious if these make the rear brake pedal any easier to find and reach? On my 2012 I have to move my right foot inward onto the peg mount and then angle it inboard to get on the pedal. It can be difficult to find the brake pedal after riding for a while with my foot fully on the peg. Maybe I just have weird feet, but a straight pronation toward the pedal while fully on the foot peg misses the pedal by about an inch, I am thinking about installing one of those brake pedal pad enlargers, but would rather change the pegs if this is a solution. As far as I can tell, the brake pedal/lever has not been bent or altered.

I am curious if these make the rear brake pedal any easier to find and reach? On my 2012 I have to move my right foot inward onto the peg mount and then angle it inboard to get on the pedal. It can be difficult to find the brake pedal after riding for a while with my foot fully on the peg. Maybe I just have weird feet, but a straight pronation toward the pedal while fully on the foot peg misses the pedal by about an inch, I am thinking about installing one of those brake pedal pad enlargers, but would rather change the pegs if this is a solution. As far as I can tell, the brake pedal/lever has not been bent or altered.
I have the same Knight pegs.
I had to lower my brake pedal, as the Knight pegs are about 25mm lower than the stock pegs.
My foot has to be rotated to the left several cm when braking.
It becomes second nature very quickly.

I recently purchased a '19 NC750X and read several posts in this forum on lowered foot pegs. I just installed the Knight Design wide pegs and the difference I measured from the stock Honda pegs was 1 inch lower, which is what I was looking for. They are expensive, but well designed and made in Oregon. I've adjusted the shift linkage to drop the shift lever down a little and it's working well. I have not done any adjustment on the brake pedal as yet as it seems ok right now for me. But then I rode Harley touring bikes the past 20 years and you had to lift your boot up and over to the brake pedal mounted above the foot board, so I may not be normal in that regard :rolleyes:

Knight Design footpeg2 IMG-5830.jpg NC750x shift linkage adjustment IMG-5853.jpg

Stone Head, IN nature overlook IMG-5837.jpg

Back