• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Foot peg options

I also would like to get more height with the seat. I saw one little mod of raising the front of the seat...clever. I haven't figured out which of the seat companies offers the most added height.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

My easy, cheap mod to raise the front seat: I got some Velcro tape (sticky glue on one side), and a small cabinet door handle and placed a small strip on top of the front seat bracket, then placed a matching piece of Velcro tape on the bottom of the door handle and connected them, then placed a piece of Velcro on top of the handle (handle pointing up-as if you were going to open it) and a piece on the bottom of the front seat tab and connected them. So the front seat tab wouldn't break, I placed some Styrofoam cubes (shipping kind) under the seat to take the pressure off the front tab-raised the front of the seat about 1.5".

A problem with adding padding to the seat to enable straightening the legs more is that the rider is than pushed further up into the air stream coming over the top of the screen. For a taller rider any increase in seat height can quickly become an issue.

Similar pegs on Ebay by Knight Designs
Knight Design 2" Lower Front Footpegs Buell XB Ullyses Silver Anodized Sidetrax | eBay
$_12.JPG

On Knight Design's web page clicking on NC700X takes you to NT700V page.
NT700V, NT650V, Deauville Footpegs

image5960.jpg

That's a nice option but just keep in mind that those pegs advertise 2" lower than stock and the regular Ulysses pegs are already over an inch lower. Also you'd still have to modify them at least a little. The OEM Ulysses pegs were around $35, or free if you liberate them from another bike that you own. :-D

The second set you linked might be the way to go, though. Those look pretty good.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I have the Knight Design footp pegs on my bike. I had to lower the foot pad/lever pedal on my rear brake as low as it would go to get a decent fitment to operate the rear brake.
Just something to consider when installing lower foot pegs.

I have the 1" drop Sidetrax clear anodized foot pegs. I do not know if you could lower the rear brake pedal low enough if you used the 2" drop foot pegs? Adjusting the shift lever is very easy with a lot of adjustability for a 1" or 2" drop foot peg. They are also available in about 12 different colors.
I like the clear because they match the foot peg mounting brackets of the NC700.
The Knight website lists the product for the Honda NC700X.
Knight fills and delivers your order very quickly!:)

Do you have tones listed for NT700? Are they 1" drop?

I have the Knight Design footp pegs on my bike. I had to lower the foot pad/lever pedal on my rear brake as low as it would go to get a decent fitment to operate the rear brake.
Just something to consider when installing lower foot pegs.
I also have large feet, size 12's!:rolleyes:
Your results may vary.

I had the Knight footpegs on my NT700V. I worked with them to have them prototyped. Here is a photo I took at the time. They make them in many colors but mine were just basic aluminum colored, clear anodized. They are a one inch drop. I ended up going back to stock when I added the Russell saddle that sat me up higher; I no longer needed the lower pegs.

footpegs.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Elizilla Look good. Nice option to the Twisted Throttle ones I have. Probobably would have bought these if I had seen them before purchasing. Look like they would be better than my round ones to stand up on.

I had the Knight footpegs on my NT700V. I worked with them to have them prototyped. Here is a photo I took at the time. They make them in many colors but mine were just basic aluminum colored, clear anodized. They are a one inch drop. I ended up going back to stock when I added the Russell saddle that sat me up higher; I no longer needed the lower pegs.

View attachment 11189

So these will bolt right on to the NC? I need to take a look at these. Only thing I am curious about is are they so much lower that I'll easily drag them on the corners?

1" closer. I have dragged toes a few times with mine but it is pretty good lean to get there. As leaned over the inch is on an angle so not a whole lot quicker. If you are dragging now it will get more common.

I don't have the pegs anymore and I don't have the NC yet, so I have no firsthand knowledge of how they fit the NC. I would assume that if they are selling a version for the NC, they will fit it. I was impressed by the quality and by Knight Design's responsiveness when I dealt with them.

They may well touch sooner, but not as much sooner as you might fear, since they don't have the peg feelers. Stock pegs typically have feelers that stick down almost as far as this feeler-less lower peg would. Of course, not having feelers means you will grind up the actual footpeg if you drag it. But since it folds, it will be ground away fairly slowly, and you can always just get another set when the first set gets too worn; they're not *that* expensive.

After riding 500 or so miles on the below, I wish I would have bought these a lot earlier. You can buy them with either an inch or 1.5 inches (or none) of multi-position rotation and tilt adjustment that locks so it won't swivel no matter what. You can lower them, move them forward or back, tilt them differently. The foot grip on the platform is positively secure. Even when you are tilting your ankles and just contacting the front edge it's secure. I haven't even bothered to use the front and back edge pieces in contrasting black but I'll note that they sit just a hair higher than the platform, enough to shed mud even better. I don't miss having rubber under my foot with any of my boots, quite the contrary in fact. And especially if you have thin-soled boots you are going to like standing on them a lot more.

The pegs and their mounting hardware are beautifully CNC'd and anodized and for the 1" drop cost only $54 priority shipped from California. There are no instructions other than USE RED OR BLUE LOCTITE (Amen on that). Figured it all out right away anyway. In setup what worked best for me was just a straight 1" lowering with a fully horizontal platform. I could get controls positioning that worked nicely and the additional lowering especially with relaxed drop-toe was refreshing. If you are really tall you might want to go with the 40/39mm set (1.5") but for me the 1" was great – in fact I don't feel the need to switch over to my highway pegs much at all. I'll take pictures later, but for now:

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
do those footpegs have the little pins that "lock" the pedal in whatever orientation you want? The ones I got off eBay (that resemble those, but not sure they are the same) have that and they are a pain to set in position, and an even bigger pain to adjust. You have to disassemble to move the pins to new holes when you find out the first position you chose isn't the one you want. The pins are very small, easily dropped/lost. It's like resetting tumblers on a lock.

As a tall rider (6'5") I find the foot pegs to be to high for me. I'm stopping every so often to stand up and let my legs rest. Does anyone have any info or exprience on finding/creating a system that allows the pegs to be mounted lower than they currently are? I'm hoping to come up with something that would allow me to drop them several inches.

I'm aware that if they go to low there's a danger of them dragging on corners, but right now I find that I'm resting my feet on the plastic cowling that wraps the frame just behind the radiator hose on the left and the horn on the right. That can't be good for the plastic and a good bump or pothole could pull my feet off the bike.

Ideas/thoughts ?
Hi, I have just ordered the SW MoTech Footrest Kit FRS.01.112.10303. This kit has 36 positions so I am hoping it will ease my discomfort on long rides. I am 6'3.

I got some adjustable pegs from slingshot racing.net. As I recall they were about $100 and you they had them in several colors.

Back