• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fobo Bike Bluetooth TPMS - Unboxing and Installation

I finally just bought a pair of Fobobike, delivered in few days in France, always amazing to get it so quickly, but the app don't fit with my Xperia Sony zx, it leaves as soon as I choose my bike ont the launch scree, gonna try to erase and reload, the Xperia run Android 7.1.1. , I don't see the trick.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
My FOBO Bike didn't want to connect to my Samsung galaxy S6 android 7.0.
I contacted them and they did say they were having problems with the 7.0 but 7.1 should be able to work.
They also said to activate the sensors with another device and then transfer them to my phone. I just put them on my daughter's bike and she has an iPhone and everything was fine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Finally I uninstalled and reinstalled the Fobo app, and everything is fine, wonderful to get the tyre pressure on my phone, even on my SONY smart watch 3, great device, and I found it a better way than to fit inside the rim, which need you have to take off the tyre in case of trouble. I had a sad experience with BMW tpms , on two bikes they always failed, as the 90° metallic bents on the NCX 750 looks strong and reliable, I think the Fobo should to the job for years. I only will pay attention to advise the one who will change the tyre, to keep then on when balancing the whole wheel.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Funny this thread resurfaced today - on my ride yesterday, I got a Fobo text on my phone indicating that my front tire was approaching the lower limit I set - I swung into a gas station, topped off and was on my way again!

Here's what I did with my rubber valve stems until my next tire change:

IMG_20170814_154911529.jpg

Couple of zip ties hold the valve stem in its upright position.

Deano

I wonder if this would work on Motorcycles. I could install the "left" set on my bike, and the "right" on my wife's.

Rand McNally Tire Pressure Monitoring System for $50 + free shipping

I believe that will not work as it appears that the phone app communicates with the receiver which in turn communicates with the sensors. It's not totally clear though so it might work. I would also look at the reviews on the app store, the Android version has 11 reviews, 7 of them are 1 stars!! You can buy additional sensors, maybe you can buy a replacement receiver? At that point though the Fobo probably is pretty close on price.

If you decide to get it, you can also go direct to the BestBuy website for the same price and even pick them up at the Mayfield Road, Parma, or Macedonia stores!! I would do that, then go out in the car park and test it. If it works, great, if not you walk right back in the store and return it. No shipping hassles or costs.

I do like the Fobo, and the app works well. Put my helmet on this morning and could hear an audible alert. Looked at my phone and saw the front tyre was at 32 PSI. Decided it was time to add in the 3-4 PSI for the winter!!

If you decide to get it, you can also go direct to the BestBuy website for the same price and even pick them up at the Mayfield Road, Parma, or Macedonia stores!! I would do that, then go out in the car park and test it. If it works, great, if not you walk right back in the store and return it. No shipping hassles or costs.

Great idea, I think I'll try it out. Thanks FezUSA !

I believe that will not work as it appears that the phone app communicates with the receiver which in turn communicates with the sensors. It's not totally clear though so it might work. I would also look at the reviews on the app store, the Android version has 11 reviews, 7 of them are 1 stars!! You can buy additional sensors, maybe you can buy a replacement receiver? At that point though the Fobo probably is pretty close on price.

Just as FezUSA suggested, the four sensors communicate with the receiver and will not report anything to app without the receiver nearby. So, to buy one set of 4 for $50 and share between two motorcycles, alas, will not work. For the money, it was worth a try to get four tires, on two motorcycles monitored for 1/4 of the price of the Fobo System.
I tested this, by bringing the receiver with me to work today, and leaving the bikes at home. The app on my phone still will report the tire pressure of the four tires, So the receiver must store that info and pass it to the app.
For one final test, I will go home, and leave the receiver at work, to confirm that the App cannot see any tire pressures.

Just as FezUSA suggested, the four sensors communicate with the receiver and will not report anything to app without the receiver nearby. So, to buy one set of 4 for $50 and share between two motorcycles, alas, will not work. For the money, it was worth a try to get four tires, on two motorcycles monitored for 1/4 of the price of the Fobo System.
I tested this, by bringing the receiver with me to work today, and leaving the bikes at home. The app on my phone still will report the tire pressure of the four tires, So the receiver must store that info and pass it to the app.
For one final test, I will go home, and leave the receiver at work, to confirm that the App cannot see any tire pressures.

I believe it's a Bluetooth connection between the phone and the receiver so you don't have to separate them by much more than 30' LoS or so. If you put the receiver on the bike so that it's communicating with the sensors and then walk in to your house and go to the opposite side you will probably have enough between the two to break the signal.

If you are going to look at a BT TPMS that connects to an app on your phone, make sure you review the comments about that app in the app store. I didn't see one listed for this particular solution which may be a negative clue! The hardware may work fine but if the software is crap then the hardware becomes almost useless. Two full sets of the Rand McNally are still 1/2 the price of the FoBo and the same price as the one you just listed. And you would actually have two spare sensors for each bike left over! If you liked everything else about it then that might be the better option? As for the rest of the options on Amazon, the only ones that have a decent number of good reviews are the ones similarly priced to the FoBo.

BTW, I'm +1 on the Fobo. Been running them since the beginning of September on my '16. The silver version really blends in with the silver wheels so unless you're looking for them they really don't stand out. The 90 stem also works really well with them. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and they paired right up without any issues. I'm not as sold on the anti-theft piece as the version that's on my RV, but that's my only quibble and it's very minor. The app on the phone works well, and with the cold mornings we've had recently I was informed by alarms and visual prompts that I needed to add a few PSI to the the tyres. It took maybe 30 seconds more to remove the TPMS than just a regular cap. I then checked with a gauge, added the requisite amount of air, checked with the gauge, and then reinstalled the TPMS caps. Paired right back up to my phone which confirmed I was back where I needed to be pressure-wise. Knowing the tyre temperature is nice, knowing the battery level in each unit is great.

All in all I've been very happy with this system. For the most part, once the novelty has worn off you will almost forget you're using it. You glance at it each time you're getting ready to ride and see the green check marks confirming your pressure is good and then you ride. If you see red check marks or hear the audible warning tone you stop and investigate. Where it will probably really make a difference is if you pick up something while out riding that creates a leak. You will be informed during the ride which will potentially save you a whole host of problems, the least having to deal with a flat somewhere not ideal like a garage, the most being that it could save your life as you will hopefully pull over before it becomes a catastrophic failure and a crash ensues.

Last edited:
Installed my Fobo last night. I set up the alert for front tire as Min 35/ Standard 36/ Max 38 (all values in psi)), and rear tire 40/42/44. So it supposed to alert me if the pressure falls under Min. value and if the pressure is more than Max value.
When left for work this morning the tire pressures were 36.2 rear, 42.5. Half an hour later I got alerts telling me my front tire is 38.4 (65 deg. F) and rear tire 44.8 (75 deg. F).
I know the pressure goes up when riding but didn't know how much - never checked the tire pressure AFTER riding :D
So, what are your readings after an hour or so of riding? What's "working temperature" of your tires?

P.S. Can somebody explain what's "Gauge pressure" switch on Fobo App for?

This thread gives some info on riding pressure, etc for the NC.
"correct" tyre pressure

I read this tread but I didn't get at the end what supposed to be the pressure of the tire after an hour of riding. 44 psi? 46 psi? 48 psi?

And, the problem with all forums, some (many?) posters would post some numbers and "their view" without any proof or at least explanation why they think that way, what made them to say something like "... regardless that Honda suggest 36/42, I always put xx/yy psi..." - without explaining WHY. Experience "doesn't count" :D

I have mine set at 32/36/45 & 38.5/42/52.5. When riding at highway speeds in the hot summer sun I frequently saw 44 (and 44.5 on extended) hot rides. I started off with tighter ranges and then would extend them .5 at a time as I received alarms that I didn't need to really act on. If it's <50F at 06:00 then I'm going to be around 33/34 for the first 5 minutes, then quickly up to 36, and above by the time I get to work. On the way home they'll start at 36 and quickly go up to 40, 65F-75F. If it's over 75F then they'll go over 40 PSI. As the weather cools in the Autumn I hit the lower mark and get the audible alert and know it's time to add 2-5 PSI, which I'll let out come the following May.

I ran with the home screen app set to show the pressures during the ride for a while. Once I had it dialed in to where I was confident that an alarm means stop and check, I leave the icon on my phone screen so that I just see the green check marks or red if there's a problem.

When I was compering the pencil type pressure gauge and Fobo, fobo shows about 3 psi less. I know the "pencil" is far from being accurate, but 3 psi sounds a lot to me. Or I'm wrong?
So, the question is how much is Fobo accurate? Anybody did comparison with some more accurate, commercial gauges?

It seems there is no accuracy specified, to me this puts the device in the electronic gizmo category.

I prefer one weekly check with my certified gage than always on false reading.

I know, the Fobo may be accurate, by chance ;)

Back