• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Fly by wire throttle lock

lowrider

Reaction score
Visit site
It may be too early to answer this in the US but perhaps someone with a new 2021NC can comment. I'm picking up my new bike today and one of the early "add on's" I want is a throttle lock. Does the "fly by wire" throttle cause any issues on how to mount or which brand or style works with the new system? Probably no issues with handguards or grip heaters but it would be helpful to learn from those overseas or closer what has worked or not. Hopefully, soon we can go to the "app store" and buy the cruise control that Honda should have included on the new bike.

Last edited:
Apparently, no one from overseas or closer has had any experience with throttle locks on the 21 bikes. Since I now have my 2021 my guess is that since the throttle tube is exposed enough to get a Atlas to work. I sent an email asking the manufacturer what they know about use of their lock on the 2021 model but have not received a response yet.

I am also installing Apollo heated grips which appear to not effect the use of the Atlas lock...film at 1100.

I use a "Go-Cruise" lock on my bikes. I can't imagine that it would cause a problem with the throttle by wire.

Apparently, no one from overseas or closer has had any experience with throttle locks on the 21 bikes. Since I now have my 2021 my guess is that since the throttle tube is exposed enough to get a Atlas to work. I sent an email asking the manufacturer what they know about use of their lock on the 2021 model but have not received a response yet.

I am also installing Apollo heated grips which appear to not effect the use of the Atlas lock...film at 1100.
The 2021 also doesn't appear to have any ribs on the throttle tube. I rolled my grip back and bit and it looked plain to me unless the ribs are further up the tube.

The 2021 also doesn't appear to have any ribs on the throttle tube. I rolled my grip back and bit and it looked plain to me unless the ribs are further up the tube.
Older models have a series of spiky nibs on the plastic throttle tube. Pesky to remove and sand smooth when installing heated grips which is on the project list for my 2013.

Just got a response back from Atlas and they say the only issue would be the choice of top or bottom mount based upon where the power feed for the Apollo grips comes in. I ordered them from Amazon and expect them Monday, 28 June so I can make that decision when they arrive. So I'm in for one.

Older models have a series of spiky nibs on the plastic throttle tube. Pesky to remove and sand smooth when installing heated grips which is on the project list for my 2013.
Dave did they run the whole length of the tube? I rolled the throttle grip back about an inch and didn't see any spikey ribs.

I don’t remember but I think they probably came within an inch of either end. I remember the inboard end of the tube next to the switches had a sawtooth pattern to grip the extreme end of the grip where it flares in diameter.

Just got a response back from Atlas and they say the only issue would be the choice of top or bottom mount based upon where the power feed for the Apollo grips comes in. I ordered them from Amazon and expect them Monday, 28 June so I can make that decision when they arrive. So I'm in for one.
Glad you are the guinea pig on this stuff lowrider lol.

Back