• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fix Your NC700 Seat In 5 Minutes - Mike Mas

IdleUp

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys, I knew within 20 minutes on my ride home from the Honda dealer that my NC700 seat was not going to work. The seat has two problems; one the foam is too hard, so its like sitting on picnic bench - the second and biggest problem is it’s slanted forward which makes all the weight on you tailbone, therefore your crotch and legs are not carrying any weight.

n2.jpg

With this in mind - I began looking for a seat - My buddy has a NC700 and he has a Corbin seat and while its more level - its harder than the Honda seat so they are out of the picture. Anyhow, until such time I hone in on a good seat, I came up with a quick fix that makes a remarkable difference. By removing the two seat attaching bolts under the passenger seat you can pull the seat back and release it.

s1.JPG

Note the seat has a “Tongue" which fits into a metal frame to restrain the seat. What you need to do is just let this tongue sit on top of the metal frame rather than in it - this will raise the seat a little over an inch. I put some rubber material on top of the metal frame to grab the plastic so it won’t slide around.

s7.JPG

s2.JPG

s3.JPG

The seat has two forward rubber legs that are around 3/4” high, I’m going to find some taller ones which will give some additional support but right now its solid.

s6.JPG

Here’s a few images with the seat jacked up off the tank and it looks fine - in fact you would almost think she came that way from the factory.

s4.JPG

s5.JPG

Anyhow, I just came back from a 30 mile ride (45 min)and my asse never got numb so it works, at least until I find another seat or raise it up another inch after I get my rubber bushings.

Addition l Edit - Hey guys here's a few more images - thanks to a tip I seen on another seat thread I went to Home depot and got these 7/8" furniture legs - they tightly slip over the other rubber supports and extend it just the perfect amount. To prevent the seat from lifting I simply put a Bungee around the support. As I slip the seat on I reach in the front of the seat and pull the bungee over the seat tongue. Seats working 1000% better then the old mount and when i put a level on the seat its actually leaning a bit to the rear!

s8.JPG

s9.JPG

s10.JPG

Enjoy

Mike

Last edited:
This is a popular mod on the NC700X. It has a name around here called the Showkey mod. I made a U-shaped piece and screwed it to the original tongue bracket to create a new slot for the tongue and stacked three rubber furniture feet on top of each other to make supports for the forward edge. Some use metal for the bracket, I used some scrap plastic.

Lifting the nose of the seat alone allowed me to ride the original seat of my first NC 25,000 miles. I finished off the gap between seat and fairing pieces with pieces of pipe insulation.

Last edited:
This is a popular mod on the NC700X. It has a name around here called the Showkey mod. I made a U-shaped piece and screwed it to the original tongue bracket to create a new slot for the tongue and stacked three rubber furniture feet on top of each other to make supports for the forward edge. Some use metal for the bracket, I used some scrap plastic.

Lifting the nose of the seat alone allowed me to ride the original seat of my first NC 25,000 miles. I finished off the gap between seat and fairing pieces with pieces of pipe insulation.

Thanks for the reply - so how high is your seat and is the tongue just sitting on top of the brace like mine or higher.

Regards!

I was looking at the other lthread and one of the uses found that a rubber chair leg will fit right on the supports - I'm going to pick some up today and post an image.

Hey guys here's a few more images - thanks to a tip I seen on another seat thread I went to Home depot and got these 7/8" furniture legs - they tightly slip over the other rubber supports and extend it just the perfect amount. To prevent the seat from lifting I simply put a Bungee around the support. As I slip the seat on I reach in the front of the seat and pull the bungee over the seat tongue. Seats working 1000% better then the old mount and when i put a level on the seat its actually leaning a bit to the rear!

s8.JPG

s9.JPG

s10.JPG

Back