• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

First tank of gas, 73 mpg!

Reaction score
Visit site
Today I just emptied my first tank of gas, went 215 miles and took 2.93 gallons. This equates to 73 mpg and I am pleasantly surprised. The flashing fuel level came on at about 195 miles and I pushed it until I got to my home station where they sell alcohol free fuel. Six miles out it was indicating only 0.1 gallons of fuel left and I started to have my pucker factor acting up! So now I know that the fuel gauge is overly sensitive which is better than overly optimistic. I have been overly easy on speed and rpms due to the break-in period. Now I have to start working on the accessories list. I already have ordered a Sargent seat and put the center stand on. I need to do something about fattening up the grips. I have large hands and the grips are too narrow for me. Anyone have any ideas on that?

My first tank was about 48 US mpg and I was going easy lol :D

Have you ever heard of "Grip Puppies"? Or "Grab On" grips? Basically closed cell foam sleeves that slide over the stock grips. They are for comfort and to reduce vibration. I couldn't ride my BMW without them. They, by default, also slightly increase the overall diameter of the grip so that may help you?

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...vptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_1zgyt9fd96_b

Last edited:
My first tank was about 48 US mpg and I was going easy lol :D

Have you ever heard of "Grip Puppies"? Or "Grab On" grips? Basically closed cell foam sleeves that slide over the stock grips. They are for comfort and to reduce vibration. I couldn't ride my BMW without them. They, by default, also slightly increase the overall diameter of the grip so that may help you?

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...vptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_1zgyt9fd96_b

Thanks for the link and the info. I once had a BMW K100 and fatter grips was one of he first things I added. I did not know the name, got it from the dealer early on.

Back