• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

First tank fill up.

ronsaw

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, went for a ride after work and filled the tank for the first time. Pleased! 66.8 miles per gallon. I really wasn't riding for economy, or riding hard - just riding. At 6'4" and 300 pounds, pretty impressed. I guess what you all have been saying is true! :cool:

6,4" 300lbs good grief what didya mammy feed you on??
you lot seem to star from 6ft while we euro guys star at 5ft.

sumo2.png

I came in at 60 MPG on my first tank (Monday AM). That was on the supplied gas from the dealer, likely low grade / no brand coupled with a heavy throttle hand. I refilled with 0 Ethanol 90 Octane, and am trying this tank for economy. I'm figuring on keeping the RPM around 3000-3200, regardless of given speed. I'm 6 foot, 170 lbs.

BTW, for anyone interested, you can find your closest ethanol free gas station here - Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

I feel that I got jipped on my first fill up on my bike. I only got 48.9 MPG using Uno-Cal Mid-Grade 89.

I have a DCT and I did not ride the bike real hard, I did ride 2-Up with my 15 year old son a couple of times on that tank though .

Take a look at my Logbook for all my fillups below.

FuellyLogbook_4-22-14.JPG

FuellyTrend_4-22-14.JPG

The MPG has been improving as the motor is starting to "Seat" the valves and rings...

Last edited:
Still waiting for the miles to pile up enough to fill up. Motor seems happy at 2-3K rpm city, and 4K freeway.

I feel that I got jipped on my first fill up on my bike. I only got 48.9 MPG using Uno-Cal Mid-Grade 89.

I have a DCT and I did not ride the bike real hard, I did ride 2-Up with my 15 year old son a couple of times on that tank though .

View attachment 17121

View attachment 17122

The MPG has been improving as the motor is starting to "Seat" the valves and rings...

Wow, hate to say it but you are definitely on the bottom of the NC bell curve! What do they put in that California "gasoline?"

http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nc700x

Last edited:

I have a DCT

View attachment 17121

Remarkable similarities in our numbers!

I have manual transmission, and my first 5 tanks were these:

1st: 49.84

2nd: 58.40

3rd: 53.77

4th: 55.82

5th: 53.10

Interesting stat I just looked at- at least I'm consistent, lol:

April 7th 2013

-273km's trip
-fuel cost $17.40
-litres fuel 11.79
-mpg 54.45

April 18th 2014

-270 km's trip
-fuel cost $17.26
-litres fuel 11.66
-mpg 54.45

View attachment 17121

View attachment 17122

Same here, started out being low and now so far I'm at 61 mpg. Still climbing.....

Ken

Back