• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

First Annual Florida NC700X RTE

dduelin

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Is there any interest in a Ride To Eat on an upcoming Saturday? I propose meeting somewhere between Ocala, Inverness, and Mt. Dora where the roads are good and there are plenty of places to eat. Heck, I want to do this next Saturday 11/3/12 but that is probably not enough notice.

Anybody up for a ride this Saturday?

Love to but first I have to look those places up on Google maps because I have no idea where any of those are, if it's above or east of Tampa I'm lost. I also need about 2 weeks lead time, I've got to get the bike in sometime next week for a service before I go to far.

RTE sounds good to me, but we are getting ready to go on vacation in a couple of weeks. If you don't get any other takers for this Saturday, maybe we could set something up a little closer. I cant get away for an all day run, but something a little shorter should work. Aren't you around the Jacksonville area? If so maybe we could meet for lunch somewhere around Daytona or St Augustine on the 3rd.

Bob

Although short notice something came together for the First Annual FL NC700X RTE.

Place: Old Crow BBQ, 41100 FL 19, Umatilla, FL
Time: 11:30 AM
Date: Saturday November 3rd

No plans but to ride to the eating place. If there is time and inclination a ride on roads around that area will follow.

If you weren't so far away, I would be there in a minute! I love riding and eating!

I love to ride and eat, I ride to Memphis tn to eat BBQ and ride home. 700 mile round trip. Sometimes we will go on down to tunica ms gamble then ride home :)

Sorry for the thread jack.

I would like to go but I work every other weekend. In a few weeks I will be more than ready. Sounds like a good day of riding.

I'm looking forward to the next one. Mt. Dora is quiet and there are some nice roads around there. I'm in the Tampa area but I've been there a few times. And as far as BBQ goes, there are some nice places in Florida Goodman's in Perry may be too far west for most, but Four Rivers Smokehouse in Winter Garden might make a lot of people happy.

How about the Second Annual FL NC700X RTE this year? I live in the Tampa area and can help organize it. Perhaps people can organize it in different parts of the state and we can all meet for lunch somewhere?

How about the Second Annual FL NC700X RTE this year? I live in the Tampa area and can help organize it. Perhaps people can organize it in different parts of the state and we can all meet for lunch somewhere?

I'm down with that but gotta do Sunday. Naturally working for a motorcycle shop we don't ever get Saturdays off lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Funny, I work every Sunday. Let me talk to my boss this week and see when would be a good time for me to get one off. I'm thinking it'll be late Oct because we have quite a few projects going on.

So, we've got two from Jax, two from Central Florida and me in the Tampa area. Does anyone know of any good places to ride around Leesburg? I have to admit that I rarely leave my area and am at a loss in that part of the state.

Okay, that settles that. Northwest Orlando Hill Country it is.

I'll get back to you when I find out which Sunday I can get off. I think I'm going to shoot for Oct 20th. Does that work for you guys?

Great riding area! We may be able to meet up on the way back from the AIME show in Orlando. I'll keep an eye out for meeting place.

Last edited:
There are lots of good roads north of Orlando but 441 and 27 but in my opinion aren't part of them. You have to get off of roads like that because they have too much traffic and any challenging corners were engineered out years ago. You can use them to get to good roads from the major population centers but that's about it. Good MC roads in FL are the little farm to market roads that show up on county level maps or if using digital mapping software when zoomed down to scales of 2 miles or less. These roads connect small rural communities to larger towns and cities.

I was talking with Spaceteach in a couple months ago about the 2nd Annual Florida RTE and my thought now is to have the meal at Gator Joe's on Lake Wier. Good horse country roads are north of there in Marion County and Lake Weir isn't that far for all of us to get to. I have been slow to get going on this this year but my family has had a lot of health issues this year.

I can attach Garmin Mapsource files to emails if anyone is interested in loops and rides I have in the central FL area. This is loosely Gainesville to Brooksville to Deltona to Palatka.

Back