• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Finally!!

halfmt1

Reaction score
Visit site
I am finally getting my NC750X DCT tomorrow. after waiting for a few years. I was researching the 700's for a couple of years, then I heard the 750's were coming, so I waited a little longer.
Then the 2018's were out, but it took my dealer forever to get one. Now after watching every you-tube video of these bikes (even ones I couldn't understand) I will finally have mine.
Not many of these things running around here, so I will have an unique machine. Looking forward to picking it up, the temps are supposed to be around 50 degs so it wont be too bad. That's usually my cut off, but I don't think I will be thinking about the temp too much. I'm going to have to make room for this machine. I am kind of at my capacity with three other bikes so it should be interesting to see how I can shoehorn it in.
Well, I'm gonna stop rambling now. Thanks for listening.

Congratulations on your new bike! I’m sure you will enjoy it.
I too did a lot of research over multiple years and then finally got one. I love mine.

JT

Same here with the research and test rides. While I got mine in August it's turning out to be a terrific winter ride. With heated grips and handguards you never have to take your mitts off the grips and the fingers stay toasty.

I ride in Virginia horse and wine country with very light winter traffic. For the most part I can avoid using the front brake too. I never thought I'd even think that.

I used to live in Virginia, once in Va Beach and I spent about a year in Alexandria. I didn't mind Va Beach but Alexandria you can keep! :)

Half, that's a bad choice of locations. My hand would never leave the brake. My fingers would be frozen to the lever.

Got the bike, didn't get to ride very far. Maybe a mile home, dealer took too long with the paperwork (this dealer is lame). Now it's going to rain here for a week!
Well, without much seat time I can already tell this Honda is going to work out nice for me. I will have to get used to not shifting, but I don't think it will take long.
First parts ordered: tail tidy and a center stand, but it's just the beginning!

The not shifting you will fall into in no time. And try to give D mode a real chance before playing with S. I haven't seen S in months. While there are complaints about D short shifting its b/s.

Roll on the gas easy like and you're in 6th. at 42mph. Whack and hold the gas wfo and you don't see 6th. until you're North of 75mph. Works for me. This DCT is amazing. And the shift time is so freakin' short.

The not shifting you will fall into in no time. And try to give D mode a real chance before playing with S. I haven't seen S in months. While there are complaints about D short shifting its b/s.

Roll on the gas easy like and you're in 6th. at 42mph. Whack and hold the gas wfo and you don't see 6th. until you're North of 75mph. Works for me. This DCT is amazing. And the shift time is so freakin' short.

Yeah, i noticed that. At first I couldn't tell it was shifting till I Looked down at the tach! It was a different experience for sure. That's why I bought an NC, i wanted something totally different.

If I am commuting or on the expressway I am in D mode, but on twisties I switch into S mode or M(anual) for roads like Tail of the Dragon, so I can have complete control. I love the DCT, especially in traffic and in the cities - my left hand thanks me every time. D will give the best mileage, allowing the computer to control. I have found S shifts pretty much when I would do it on a manual and it is enjoyable.

After the first 600 miles, I recommend letting the dealer do the first oil change - that filter will be a bear to remove unless you have the strength of a gorilla. I also recommend, if you don't have one installed, get the Center Stand. Will make maintenance so much easier.

And then you will find all kinds of farkles to put on. All kinds. And end up costing more than the bike.

I have a center stand on the way, i ordered that second. The only thing on this bike I absolutely cannot stand is that conglomeration of ugliness hanging off the back. I ordered an R&G tail tidy before anything else.
As far as the dealer, they will never see this bike again.

Have a blast with it. Let us know which seat mod you end up getting <wink>.

Yes, I have considered the seat, at first I thought it was pretty good, compared to the stock DRZ seat. But then I started feeling the edges of the contouring of the seat, and I am wondering if they will soften up. They kind of rub my thighs a little. It's nothing major, but over time I can see it getting on my nerves.
I've had really good luck with seat concepts on my DRZ, so I will probably see if that will be a winner on this bike as well.

Hi Hank,
Yes, I've watched your videos, you got some good stuff on there!

Last edited:
Enjoy your new bike. It is great to be able to just roll off the throttle at an intersection and stop without holding the clutch in or worrying about what gear you are in.

Back