• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fieldsheer Jacket.

Cigar Mike

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just received my new Fieldsheer Adventure Tour Jacket. I got it at Amazon for $197. I have a larger size that is too large now and replaced it with this one. I have been happy with the jacket I have. The liner is good and is designed to be worn as a windbreaker. The zip on collar is nice when it is cold. Good armor in elbows, shoulders and back.

WIN_20160318_101427.jpg

WIN_20160318_101448.jpg

The new jacket is improved in some areas. And different in others. The new liner is different and is not designed as a windbreaker when out. But the new liner does zip in the cuffs instead of snapping loops together in the sleeve. Front chest pockets are gone on the new one but the venting is better on the new one in the chest area. Large rear vent and vents from the shoulder down the upper arm. The old one has proven to be waterproof. I am not sure if the new one will be without the liner. They both have the rear pouch which is nice. If you are looking for light weight, these jackets are not for you. It is heavy duty and should last a long time.

I would say the size runs a little on the small side compared to other clothing. But the liner is thick and maybe a little loose without it.

Maybe you should mention the size?

Maybe it's a personal thing. The size is not really relavent anyway since he's just showing us the jacket.

Last edited:
I did not know the size would matter. The jacket is an Xlarge. The old jacket was a XXX. I had read the jackets ran a little small when I bought the XXX. I was wearing a XX at that time. I did loose about thirty pounds which made the XXX really to large. I am six feet tall and 235 pounds if that helps.

I did report on the new jacket without taking a lot of time checking it out. I was anxious to get it out since the price was about 50% off. I have looked at it more now comparing it to the older model.

The outer material is 500 denier nylon fabric that is suppose to repel water. The sewn seems have been sealed using thermoplastic tape. I think the outer liner is a waterproof breathable liner. The inner liner is water repellent and multi layered to provide warmth. CE approved armor elbows, shoulders and back. Many of the jackets I looked at only had a pad for the back and you had to buy the armor and add it.

It appears they have made a real effort to make this jacket waterproof. All vents are zippered with a folded flap with Velcro closers. The old jacket has this also and I never have had water come in through the vents. I don't ride in the rain very much, but the little I have, I stayed dry.

WIN_20160319_093549.jpg
Inner liner

WIN_20160319_093608.jpg
Outer liner

WIN_20160319_093639.jpg
Inside jacket, has pockets and will zip to pants.

Something about Fieldsheer's gear just works with for me. Fit and looks. I've ordered a number of items in years past that I would just try and see, expecting to return it. But I never do.

To learn more about the jacket I watched reviews on utube. It does compare very well to the jackets in the $500 range and it should for a list price of about $400. It seems that you can always buy them for about half price if you keep an eye out. I wanted to get the matching pants and had looked around but could not find the price I wanted to pay. I wanted an xlarge to replace my xxxlarge. The size chart said the xlarge would be too small for my 40" waist. I did not believe it after buying the XXX. The xlg fits perfect with adjustment to fit as I loose more weight.

The pants are very comfortable and with the liner should be very warm. There is no venting on the pants which hasn't been a problem for me. I was able to pick them up for $158 with free shipping and no sales tax at Amazon. The lowest price I had found before was $221. Funny that it was the only size at that price. I believe these are being replaced by newer models so there is deals to be had.

There are many reviews of both jacket and pants on utube if interested.

Last edited:
After doing several miles with the jacket I am very pleased with it. The venting is pretty good but it is not good enough when the temps get above mid eighties. A mesh jacket is used in the summer.

That looks really nice. I like the colors. I'll watch the youtube review as well. I always do my long rides in my Vanson Cobra II leather jacket. With the armor setup I have in it runs about $1,000 but I bought it back in 2003 for $700. It has a good venting system that is adjustable and it does pretty well in the rain as well. I went down hard in it and the double thick leather on the arms in addition to the great armor save my arm and lessened the effect of the impact. There was less damage than I expected but I sent it back to Vanson and they repaired it for $75. I don't think too many jackets can be repaired like that. Would a fieldshear do really well if I fell on my side and slide a 100+ feet?

That looks really nice. I like the colors. I'll watch the youtube review as well. I always do my long rides in my Vanson Cobra II leather jacket. With the armor setup I have in it runs about $1,000 but I bought it back in 2003 for $700. It has a good venting system that is adjustable and it does pretty well in the rain as well. I went down hard in it and the double thick leather on the arms in addition to the great armor save my arm and lessened the effect of the impact. There was less damage than I expected but I sent it back to Vanson and they repaired it for $75. I don't think too many jackets can be repaired like that. Would a fieldshear do really well if I fell on my side and slide a 100+ feet?

Wow, I hope to never find out first hand. I really don't know how well it would do. But I do know that it compares well with other of the same type jackets, as far as protection.

Would a textile jacket do really well if I fell on my side and slide a 100+ feet?

Note how I changed the sentence above. As I've written it, the answer is NO. Textiles just plain don't survive high-speed (and many low-speed) crashes like leathers do, and even if they kinda or largely survive, few or no manufacturers will repair them. Textiles may very well protect us, but they are sacrificed in the process.

The only potential exception I'm aware of is Motoport. Many owners report crashing at speed and having difficulty seeing the effects in the material. I've never tried on a Motoport.

I admit that it never crossed my mind what the cost of repair or replacement of gear would be if I went down at 100 mph. But since I very rarely go 100 mph I don't have to worry about it.

I admit that it never crossed my mind what the cost of repair or replacement of gear would be if I went down at 100 mph. But since I very rarely go 100 mph I don't have to worry about it.
With a 5-1 cost ratio (leather 1000 - fabric 200), I also go with fabric. If I trash it in a crash, I'll get a new one and still be lotsa $$$ ahead.

Ray

My gear was just mailed back to Cycleport to repair. My current gear has over 150,000 miles. Cycleport does a great job of repairing my gear, and they do it for a more than fair price. I do not have to purchase new equipment everytime I go down this way. A few dislocated bones over the years, but never a scratch. Kevlar does keep the skin on my frame.

My only fear is the cager that doesn't know what the yellow line means. On the last ride we did, a car came across the line head on about half way into my lane. It was on a straight section of road! I thought I was going to test the off-road capabilities of the NC for a second or two.

Reviving this thread rather than starting a new one!!

I decided that I needed some new cycle gear for this year. I looked around a lot and read plenty of reviews and watched videos etc. I decided to get this jacket & pant combo as the cost was $171 & $145 respectively!! Haven't had a chance to ride in the gear yet, but have tried everything on in various combinations of liners etc. I'm very happy with the fit, finish and features. Previously I've used a Tourmaster jacket and a Coretech jacket, neither were 3/4 length which was one of my requirements for the new gear. I will probably keep the Coretech 3-n-1 jacket and use it without the liners in the middle of the summer, depending on how this new jacket works with all of the vents open and no liners. The Fieldsheer jacket won WebBikeWorld gear of the year in 2014, and they remarked at it's value for money, at MSRP of > $400. The model was discontinued a while ago and liquidated through some distribution partners and can no be picked up the prices I mentioned above, which seem like an excellent deal. Armour is included, but I'll probably upgrade the hip armour as that seems to be the weakest link.

If you're in the market for new gear and can find the color/size combo you like then this seems be a good option to look into it.

Back