• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fender eliminators

It's not so much a "fender eliminator" as a much nicer arrangement for the license plate.

I do wonder if moving the license plate very close to the taillight will cause the rear tire to fling more water onto the bike when riding in the rain? In the standard position, the plate probably blocks some water that is thrown upwards.

Last edited:
The thing i like with the Ermax one is that the taillight is in the bike and not on the fender. Makes it looks alot better. But yeah, i also thought about the waterproblem. I think that that is why Honda built the taillight in on the fender. Probably looks better than having just a large fender sticking out.

Here is another option for the original poster: http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/4571-webike-%5Bjapans%5D-daytona-fenderless-kit.html

10077d1384531546-webike-%5Bjapans%5D-daytona-fenderless-kit-1113131031.jpg

I did end up with the clear lenses and led bulbs tho using the stock turn signals:
http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/4796-cbr-turn-signal-lens-again-2.html

10364d1386010333-cbr-turn-signal-lens-again-rear-w-leds.jpg

Believe it or not - the way the license plate hangs, it keeps the water off my back.

Last edited:
From a purely aesthetic standpoint, these things (both shown here) look awesome, I think :cool:

Unfortunately for me, they just wouldn't work-I'd be covered in road spray and grime virtually every single day, and lord help me going off road and through mud of any substance, lol.

Also, the plate would be obscured instantly, and the cops up here would be salivating with their ticket books in hand, for such an opportunity to ding you with a $$$ fine. :(

With my Trax panniers, their bracketry incorporates a centre brace across the back that attaches to the fender under the plate anyway, so I'd have to deal with that, too.

Looks great, but takes away too much functionality I require. Nice to see others with them, though :D

Another thing, it makes the NC look fast. Unfortunately, we know any crotch rocket would make you feel "not fast". And they'd be wanting to race this good looking new comer!

It's an "adventure bike" making it look like a sport bike is strange.
I think it looks horrible without the rear fender...

And yea, if you ride in real weather, it's going to be a mess!

It's neither an adventure bike nor a sports bike. And the bulbous thing that many bikes come with stock really doesn't eliminate much water/mud/dirt/dust. Certainly not enough to consider the two approaches worlds apart ; }

For me its not about being any type of bike, I just hate the look of the rear light assembly. It looks like an after thought. It spoils the look of a lot of new bike IMO.

I like the idea of the middle ground. I can't find it now but someone removed a few pieces (there are a lot of pieces) and and got it back together somehow, it made it look better and retain most of the functionality

I use 37 liter panniers on mine 99% of the time. And I think the look of the taillight assembly feels balanced and appropriate with them on. But it's my commuter and grocery getting machine so I don't need it to look tidy or pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the Honda side cases and it still looked like the light stuck out to much, I just got the Honda rear rack and now it looks much better.

Back