• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Feeler Gauge use for Valve Adjustment

If it helps your anxiety remember Honda extended the valve check interval from 8000 to 16,000 miles starting with 2014 models. Nothing in the engine itself changed just the interval. I guess Honda went very conservative at first with 8000 miles but lengthened it with real world experience.
Ah! Looks like you just gave me 5k more miles before I will mess with it then! Lol. Who knows, I may even have it sold by then and avoid it all together. Ha!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If it helps your anxiety remember Honda extended the valve check interval from 8000 to 16,000 miles starting with 2014 models. Nothing in the engine itself changed just the interval. I guess Honda went very conservative at first with 8000 miles but lengthened it with real world experience.

yep, I got the 2013 model and when I saw that, I extended mine out...still good to go...I will be doing mine again late fall and 16,000 mile on this interval is fast approaching...have to do a lot of maintenance this fall; valve check, brake fluid change, air filter change (original air filter, still purring along but needs changed).

....aircraft airframe and power plant mechanic.

Congrats Dave. Son of an A&P Mechanic, good to hear..

I retired out of Hartsfiled ATL w/ NWA as a structures mechanic holding an A&P from PIA Pittsburgh in 1969.
When drafted in '70 w/AP worked on AH Cobra helicopters @ Hunter AF, Ga. Very proud of my service @ both locations.

I'm at 8K on the 2013 I'm selling and will be doing it's first valve check. Oil/filter change, brake bleed, engine breather clean, bike once over look.
Clutch filter was changed out early on. Be safe out there.

Last edited:
In all the Honda motorcycles I've owned since 1990, the mileage for replacement of the air filter element could easily be extended by 50% without any noticeable degradation in fuel economy or performance.

Back