• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Faux clutch lever and gear selector for DCT

Mycool

Reaction score
Visit site
I remember reading a while back that Honda was offering or going to offer, as an accessory or "add-on", a fake clutch lever and a fake gear selector for any DCT model. This was for owners that wanted the DCT version, but didn't want to have their bike "appear" to be automatic. I'm not sure if the fake clutch lever or gear selector actually did anything or if they were just for show. Does anyone know if any of this came to fruition? Is it "orderable?" or was it a rumor that never materialized? Thanks

I remember reading a while back that Honda was offering or going to offer, as an accessory or "add-on", a fake clutch lever and a fake gear selector for any DCT model. This was for owners that wanted the DCT version, but didn't want to have their bike "appear" to be automatic. I'm not sure if the fake clutch lever or gear selector actually did anything or if they were just for show. Does anyone know if any of this came to fruition? Is it "orderable?" or was it a rumor that never materialized? Thanks

Never heard of those

In my opinion the dct is a fantastic motorcycle. If i owned one i would be proud to tell them it is a dct model and tell them how it works. i would have bought a dct but i only got one, and it was sold the same day it came in, so the next best thing is, i hope to get one for my wife when i get more in. dale LONG LIVE THE DCT.

Been out since the bike launched in Japan: Foot lever for DCT Transmission.

I could see this as a handy feature if you loan out your bike. In a panic an experienced rider may try to downshift and having a functional foot lever with a possible fake clutch lever would allow a non DCT-familiar rider to operate the bike in a more natural manner.

Yep as previously mentioned a foot change lever is available but I can't see the point of it especially at that price. Don't know about the false clutch lever and I certainly don't know how that is going to work. At the end of the day - why bother when the present set up is niegh on perfect anyway?

On the Yamaha FJR 1300AE with the paddle shifting there always has been a foot shifter to supplement the handlebar shifter. I hardly ever use the foot shifter except when I am trying to get back in the manual groove when I know I will be using a manual transmission. I have not heard of a stealth clutch lever. I think this dct thing is finally going to take over the biking world for a variety of reasons: older demographic, less influence by "bad ass" bikers who feel the need to sneer at "sissy" technology, etc. In the end, seeing other lines of Honda bikes coming up with DCT options is very encouraging.

Having owned a VFR1200DCT I really hope that DCT doesn't take over. Nothing against DCt but I would prefer it if as now models are available in both DCT & manual versions so that the buyer has a choice

pointless add on's. if don't like the dct then why did you buy it.
I made my choice because I fancy having a DCT after ridden the maxi scooters.
who knows I may change my mind later?? time will tell.

Having owned a VFR1200DCT I really hope that DCT doesn't take over. Nothing against DCt but I would prefer it if as now models are available in both DCT & manual versions so that the buyer has a choice

i do not think the dct models will ever take over, but it is very nice to have lots of models to pick from. and the nc dct is much better then the first vfr1200dct. dale

I agree with most of the others, seems like pointless add-ons. Any questions/comments I have gotten on teh DCT have always been really positive and I am very happy with the operation of the pedal shifers

250cc's have become more accepted from the "biker crowd" I would think the DCT will be too. I think the newer younger riders are a big influence as we love our technology and tend to scoff at the outdated bikes that our parents, and sometimes grandparents, used.

over here maxi scooter riders have little choice in Auto bikes. till Honda introduce the nc the only bike available was the Aprilia mana and that was pricy.
you can't ride a geared motorbike on a auto licence.so I don't see why the DCT wont do well.

over here maxi scooter riders have little choice in Auto bikes. till Honda introduce the nc the only bike available was the Aprilia mana and that was pricy.
you can't ride a geared motorbike on a auto licence.so I don't see why the DCT wont do well.

I have to admit that I'm not up todate on all the licence rules. Can a holder of an auto licence not ride the VFR1200DCT?

I have to admit that I'm not up todate on all the licence rules. Can a holder of an auto licence not ride the VFR1200DCT?
no Dick it has to be a fully automatic bike or scooter.
the VFRdct has over ride to manual for this you need a full licence for geared bikes.
having said that we can ride either on a full licence.

I don't think automatic vs. manual is that big a deal. Each type has its purpose, and riders can choose which they prefer. I got the manual because with two automatic cars in the garage I wanted something to shift again! But if I lived in an urban area with congested traffic I would probably opt for the automatic. Neither insults my manhood! The important thing is that whichever one chooses, we're on two wheels, we're riding and we're having fun!

Back